Rear Hatch

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Rebel

Rear Hatch

Postby Rebel » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:28 am

Hey guys. I have the 2007 model and I'm wondering if anyone has put the 2008+ electron assist on their rear hatch to help it close. It seems like when it's colder out that either I have a harder time closing the door or it just doesn't like to close.

Anyone have any information on this? Is there a wiring harness that I could just wire in or something? It's not a huge deal but I always have my dogs with me and their crates are back there. It's unnerving when I get on the interstate and the light for the back door comes on when I hit a bump or accelerate.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:52 pm

I have an 08 LE but I don't have an electronic assist on the rear hatch, unless I'm missing something.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:02 pm

It's not so much an electric assist as an electric latch. So if you pull the hatch down and slowly shut it, the electric latch will pull it snug. Sort of like the old trunk closers on your Lincolns and Caddys. I believe the manual says NOT to slam it shut..but I don't know. I had mine awhile before I realized it had this "feature".

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:11 pm

Ok, than I have that. Not sure if you can swap them or not. I would imagine you would have to fix/work on the wiring harness.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”