Whats the best quality rubber cargo mat for Pathfinder?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

TnLoneWolf

Postby TnLoneWolf » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:56 pm

I did receive it today and put it in the back and it fits very nicely, still seems a little slick though, not quite as rubbery as I had hoped. I'm loading my heavier plastic boxes tomorrow. I'll know more then.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:00 pm

Still trying to sell my husky liner. I'll go 60 shipped.

gilliam433

Postby gilliam433 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:01 pm

Sweet. Keep us posted.

gilliam433

Postby gilliam433 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:15 pm

volvite wrote:Still trying to sell my husky liner. I'll go 60 shipped.
I'd be interested but Im just curious how much this will slide since the back of the pathfinder is plastic. It also doesn't look from your picture of it that it would sit flat. I could be wrong, Im just wondering about those things. Its a great deal...Im still thinking about it. =)

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:46 am

I have the Husky in the Path & Weathertech in the X. The Husky does slide around, but only by a couple of inches. I used to always have to push it forward whenever I opened the hatch so that I could then close the hatch without it hitting. Problem was, the back was usually filled up with lots of stuff/weight & it was a pain pushing the husky forward an inch. I bought one of those $2 rolls of drawer liner. Not the sticky stuff, but the stuff that looks like rubber beads. Anyway, I cut 2 big pieces and have that between the Husky and the interior floor. No more sliding around. The weathertech we have in the X is completely locked down by an interior bike rack I built, so I can't comment much about it except to say the material (at least on the exposed surface) is a bit more grippy than the Husky.

TnLoneWolf

Postby TnLoneWolf » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:54 am

TnLoneWolf wrote:I did receive it today and put it in the back and it fits very nicely, still seems a little slick though, not quite as rubbery as I had hoped. I'm loading my heavier plastic boxes tomorrow. I'll know more then.
Well guys and gals, I've now had my heavier tools located in the Pahy, and the mat is working great. Everything stays put, unless I have to make a sudden directional change for something or the other....(slow traffic) LOL. I'm real pleased!

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:35 pm

I ordered up the sunroof deflector from Weathertech, and decided to get the cargo mat as well. I've had the Husky since about day 1, but found that the material is a bit too slick, with everything pretty much sliding all the time. Since I have the Weathertech in the X, I've been pretty impressed with the grippiness of it, so decided to ditch the Husky & get the Weathertech.

Here's an older picture showing the Husky. It fits well from side to side. The lips on the front and rear were out of control, so I trimmed those off with a knife.

Here's the new Weathertech. I haven't cut the holes for the tie downs yet. Loving the material already-my big plastic bin feels like it is glued down to the floor, so no more sliding around.

I do have one beef with it though. Why the F did they make little cutouts up front? Are any of the R51 model years different in the back? Weathertech has some great products, but the company itself isn't the greatest, at least in my experience. I've had to return about 40% of the things I've purchased from them in the past due to extremely piss poor design/fit.

Zen_master

Postby Zen_master » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:23 pm

I'll second the Weathertech mats. Have them all the way around in my Pathfinder. Doesn't do much for no-slip effect in the cargo area on light weight cargo but heavier items and on wet footwear there is some no-slip benefit.

Gerri

packing and moving companies near me

Postby Gerri » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:06 am

NVSteve wrote:I ordered up the sunroof deflector from Weathertech, and decided to get the cargo mat as well. I've had the Husky since about day 1, but found that the material is a bit too slick, with everything pretty much sliding all the time. Since I have the Weathertech in the X, I've been pretty impressed with the grippiness of it, so decided to ditch the Husky & get the Weathertech.

Here's an older picture showing the Husky. It fits well from side to side. The lips on the front and rear were out of control, so I trimmed those off with a knife.
packing and moving companies near me
https://gjmoving.com/services/packing/

Here's the new Weathertech. I haven't cut the holes for the tie downs yet. Loving the material already-my big plastic bin feels like it is glued down to the floor, so no more sliding around.

I do have one beef with it though. Why the F did they make little cutouts up front? Are any of the R51 model years different in the back? Weathertech has some great products, but the company itself isn't the greatest, at least in my experience. I've had to return about 40% of the things I've purchased from them in the past due to extremely piss poor design/fit.

reasonable approach. You can work with the space) Especially when transporting goods

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”