Whats the best quality rubber cargo mat for Pathfinder?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

gilliam433

Whats the best quality rubber cargo mat for Pathfinder?

Postby gilliam433 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:41 am

Hey Guys Im finally tired of having all my stuff slide everywhere and bang up the back of my Pathfinder. Im a worship leader at a "portable church" setting, so Im loading my gear in every week and its taking its toll on my car.

I'd love to hear what has worked best for you guys!

Thanks!

fangars

Postby fangars » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:09 pm

gilliam433

Postby gilliam433 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:11 pm

I've been looking at those Weathertechs. Do they not slide on the plastic? Thanks!

NVRDONE

Postby NVRDONE » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:35 pm

I use a Weathertech mat, but I cut slits in the mat so the cargo hooks stick thru. Then I use a cargo net to hold things down.

gilliam433

Postby gilliam433 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:05 pm

NVR- Sorry man I should've been more clear. I guess I meant does the Weathertech mat slide around or does it cling well to the floor of the pathfinder (which is plastic).

Thanks!

Npath

Re: Whats the best quality rubber cargo mat for Pathfinder?

Postby Npath » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:02 pm

gilliam433 wrote:Hey Guys Im finally tired of having all my stuff slide everywhere and bang up the back of my Pathfinder. Im a worship leader at a "portable church" setting, so Im loading my gear in every week and its taking its toll on my car.

I'd love to hear what has worked best for you guys!

Thanks!
I use a rubber matt that is used to prevent tools from sliding around inside those tool carts that have wheels. The material is like a rubbery/foamy feel and look to it that is about 1/4" thick. The design looks like a checker/chess board.

It's light, foldable and doesn't scratch. Nothing has slid when I've used them.

With just the 3rd row folded down, the measurements is 44"x44".

So if you're taking a load to a place and need to drive more than 5 passengers right after, it'd work out great.

I've had truck dolly's in there, plastic shopping bins, nothing slides.

Thought about those big cargo rubber liners others have mentioned but wasn't practical for me.

gilliam433

Postby gilliam433 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:10 pm

NPath-
Thats actually what I was thinking today. I was at Home Depot and was looking at these (http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1 ... RRWidgetID). They were HEAVY so I know they wouldnt move around. Im not so much concerned about dirt and spilling things as I am just having things slide around and tearing up everything.

NPath- where did you get your mat from?

Npath

Postby Npath » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:49 pm

gilliam433 wrote:NPath-
Thats actually what I was thinking today. I was at Home Depot and was looking at these (http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1 ... RRWidgetID). They were HEAVY so I know they wouldnt move around. Im not so much concerned about dirt and spilling things as I am just having things slide around and tearing up everything.

I think I bought my roll @ a place called Princess Auto.

I initially bought a thin cheap carpeted mat for $8, now just sits in the garage collecting dust.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:18 pm

I hate to hijack your thread, but I'm selling a black Husky liner for the pathfinder. I use my 3rd row more than I thought so we keep our mat in the garage. It's black, asking 75 but best offer. It's pathfinder specific.

Npath

Postby Npath » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:34 am

gilliam433 wrote:NPath-

I looked @ the website you provided and isn't the same. Look @ the site I provided and that's exactly what I have.
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_255214

axlesup

Postby axlesup » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:03 pm

u can have my weather tech for shipping cost. its beige. the big one for the rear seats down.

im going to buy a rubber truck mat and cut it to fit. i really wanted a beige one but thats hard to find in generic rubber mat.

TnLoneWolf

Postby TnLoneWolf » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:49 pm

I've bought a "Lloyd's" brand rubber mat for mine, should be here in a few days. It's cut just for the Pathfinder and is real rubber so nothing will slide on it. I've had Weathertech and Husky both and they neither one kept my plastic tool boxes from sliding. My PF is my new "truck" so everything needs to stay put!...LOL

gilliam433

Postby gilliam433 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:53 am

Did you get the Rubbertite one? That may be what I go with. I definitely need something that's more of a heavy duty rubber so there is no sliding from the bottom of the mat or the top when I put things on it. Keep me posted!
TnLoneWolf wrote:I've bought a "Lloyd's" brand rubber mat for mine, should be here in a few days. It's cut just for the Pathfinder and is real rubber so nothing will slide on it. I've had Weathertech and Husky both and they neither one kept my plastic tool boxes from sliding. My PF is my new "truck" so everything needs to stay put!...LOL

TnLoneWolf

Postby TnLoneWolf » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:42 am

I'm supposed to receive it on 4 January, I'll keep you posted. Oh, yes I believe that was it, the name slips my mind right now that seems right.

gilliam433

Postby gilliam433 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 pm

TnLoneWolf wrote:I'm supposed to receive it on 4 January, I'll keep you posted. Oh, yes I believe that was it, the name slips my mind right now that seems right.
Did you get the mat in today? Im anxious to hear about it as Im going to purchase one more than likely. Thanks!!!!

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”