It's raining and my sunroof will NOT close. Help?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

dared3vil00

It's raining and my sunroof will NOT close. Help?

Postby dared3vil00 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:16 am

So about 2 hours ago i get into my truck, and realize there's a massive wetspot on the tan cloth type thing covering the sunroof, not thinking i pull it open and a good 2 cups of water dumps into the cabin. my sunroof is stuck. It is stuck in the "popped" position, not slid open but the back part of the glass up, almost as if to let a little air in. when i pres the button to close it, it shuts then immediately reopens. I read the manual and figured out how to manually shut it, so it's not leaking at the moment, however i pulled it into the garage and cleaned it completely to remove anything blocking it from shutting, nothing is left and it still won't auto close. Any suggestions?

RobG

Postby RobG » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:47 pm

Hi, just wondering if you ever got the sunroof fixed? Mine does the same thing, although tends to behave after a dozen pushes of the switch!

dared3vil00

Postby dared3vil00 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:35 pm

Still closed but not fixed, Have to get around to taking it in soon... Trucks misbehaving alot with the little things, door frozen shut this morning...

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:30 am

I had this issue today on my 05. Fiddled with it for some time.

Ended up pushing down on the sunroof while pressing the button. The little extra force I applied allowed to sunroof to seat properly, and it stayed in place.

Probably due to something interfering in the track, or some hardened grease. I just ran it through a full open/close/vent cycle, and it is working fine now.

I will check the service manual when I gwt home for a maintenance procedure.

t

asgard

Postby asgard » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:40 am

I have been experiencing this open closed cycle thing - maybe a special Canadian and UK feature. Did you ever work out what was up. I seldom open the roof but we I have a brain fart and open it I don't want it doing this on a wet day.
Is there a fuse or relay that can be taken out to isolate the sunroof?

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”