I hate stupid drivers...

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

pandarturo88

I hate stupid drivers...

Postby pandarturo88 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:42 pm

So some moron cut me off 6 times on the way home today, on the sixth time I decided to show him how much kick in the crotch my pathy has, to my joy I was right along the stupid Passat that cut me off and the guy kind of looked puzzled at my car wondering how it could keep up with his car. Oh how I love my pathy.

coom1986

Postby coom1986 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:29 pm

Its even better when they start making gestures at you, after they've cut you off, to make it look as if they did nothing wrong!! Ohh yeh happened to me several times..

I also had this mitsubishi something or another tail gate me on the fast lane, i wasnt going slow, as if wanting to kiss my pathy ass..so i let him pass, i then go back on to the fast lane and let my right foot talk,,ohh it was funny how he "tried" to run..i had to get off the throttle couple of times just so that i didnt hit him..

I had another similar story in the 2010 Xterra OR we got..This civic with big ass spoilers, body kit, the works..this guy came even closer..Again same thing, just let her rip...Its actually surprising how much power these things have!! i chased that ricer every when on the highway, i think i hit 160-170kmph that day and again had to lift off the throttle,hehe..gotta love our bricks..

dared3vil00

Postby dared3vil00 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:39 pm

They are definetly bricks, But they're like bricks thrown out of a plane; They still fucking fly no matter what the shape is! Best "race" i've personally had is against a crown vic (IT WAS NEON GREEN EWWWW) absolutely destroyed it. Pathys ARE fast.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:38 am

I had to blow the doors of a caddy SRX recently. After a couple games of you pass me, I pass you (with my cruise set at 73mph...) he started to pass again so I kept speeding up because there was a hill coming and that seemed to be where his foot would fall asleep. He kept raising his speed to match and finally I could hear him put his foot all the way into it and it was comical how little that thing accelerated. I mashed down and blew past him in a matter of seconds....going from about 85 to 100 in no time...UP a steep hill.

One of the main reasons I really decided the PF was for me was passing power. I drive lots of two-laners with big trucks and the PF was one of the few SUV's that could really hammer through a passing zone. I drive Tahoe's and Suburbans and a lot and really prefer them out on the open road, but they just can't compete with the PF on the curvy/hilly roads.

I have a co-worker with a high-end Turbo Caddy SRX and there's nothing impressive about the power even with that motor.

twinblown

Postby twinblown » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:08 am

I'm a daily interstate commuter.....boy do I see stupid drivers! and many look in surprise when I blow the doors away at them when passing hell some will even blink their headlights at me, LOL :lol:

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:24 am

bad and stupid drivers, yeah, all over the place................
seems to be a lot of testosterone in this thread, though
maybe some of the publics' (bad) attitude toward SUVs has something to do with observing this kind of behavior
though you may get a kick out of mashing the throttle, passing them repeatedly, and tailgating these jerks, the end result may be a serious wreck that just might cost someone their limb or life
YOU ARE NOT TEACHING THEM A LESSON! :o
worse yet, those injured or killed often aren't even the ones involved in the initial altercation
they often are the ones minding their own business that get sideswiped or hit head-on by someone who was trying to prove something to someone else
GROW UP & LET IT GO! :shock:

gond34

Postby gond34 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:50 am

The ones that really irritate me are the ones that climb right up your @$$ to the point that you can't hardly see them in the mirrors then, when you change lanes to get out of their way, they follow you and CONTINUE to crawl up your tailpipe... Usually they back off when I tap the brake and make them think they're gonna eat the D-ring... :lol:

pathology

Postby pathology » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:52 am

eieio wrote:bad and stupid drivers, yeah, all over the place................
maybe some of the publics' (bad) attitude toward SUVs has something to do with observing this kind of behavior
though you may get a kick out of mashing the throttle, passing them repeatedly, and tailgating these jerks, the end result may be a serious wreck that just might cost someone their limb or life
worse yet, those injured or killed often aren't even the ones involved in the initial altercation
they often are the ones minding their own business that get sideswiped or hit head-on by someone who was trying to prove something to someone else
+1

kelleyo

Postby kelleyo » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:33 pm

gond34 wrote:The ones that really irritate me are the ones that climb right up your @$$ to the point that you can't hardly see them in the mirrors then, when you change lanes to get out of their way, they follow you and CONTINUE to crawl up your tailpipe... Usually they back off when I tap the brake and make them think they're gonna eat the D-ring... :lol:
That is about the time I "wash" my windshield. They back off pretty quick when they can't see...

Brian Nametko

I know what you mean..

Postby Brian Nametko » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:50 pm

I bought my 06 path. used from a dealer. The previous owner installed some kind of turbo on the engine and it just flies past the street racers. I have no problems merging onto the highway and it's a great feeling. Sometimes feels like I'm in Ferrari with the take off speed.

BattleWagon

Postby BattleWagon » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:29 am

eieio wrote:bad and stupid drivers, yeah, all over the place................
Eggzackery.

A man, in a rowboat, was rowing upriver on his way home. Knowing that a self-powered upriver-bound vessel had the right-of-way he was happily oblivious to what was behind him as he rowed away.

Suddenly, he was bumped. As he whirled around he saw that it was a man in another rowboat coming downriver and not paying attention. He gave the man a loud and serious scolding for his ineptitude and the man appologized as he drifted away without further confrontation.

The man went on rowing for some time when, suddenly, he was bumped again. He whirled around angrily, ready to issue another scolding, and saw that it was just an empty boat that had come loose of its moorings. He pushed it away and continued to row home.

As he rowed home peacfully he thought about what had happened and vowed that, from that day forward, he would treat other people as well as an empty boat.

BattleWagon

Re: I know what you mean..

Postby BattleWagon » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:31 am

Brian Nametko wrote:I bought my 06 path. used from a dealer. The previous owner installed some kind of turbo on the engine and it just flies past the street racers. I have no problems merging onto the highway and it's a great feeling. Sometimes feels like I'm in Ferrari with the take off speed.
Yeah..... So I'm gonna need some pics and details of said super turbo Pathfinder, sounds awesome.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:04 am

The traffic engineers here in Salt Lake City are flipping morons. Most of the freeway onramps have no signage whatsoever, and many of them are 2 lanes rather than 1. Of course, people just expect everyone already on the freeway to use their ESP and deduct exactly when and where one of these idiots will decide to abruptly switch from the onramp to the regular freeway lanes. I would not be writing this if anyone actually used their signals, but that doesn't happen here.

Anyway, long story short, some girl was flying on the onramp and apparently didn't see me right next to her, or ASSumed that I should just make space for her. I didn't. I have the right of way, she was on my side & a few feet back, and she didn't signal at all. She started honking up a storm when she realized I was right next to her & saw that I wouldn't slam on my brakes to let her in front of me. Of course she drove like a reckless twat once she was actually on the freeway.

/end of rant

CPLTECH

Re: I know what you mean..

Postby CPLTECH » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:38 pm

Brian Nametko wrote:I bought my 06 path. used from a dealer. The previous owner installed some kind of turbo on the engine and it just flies past the street racers. I have no problems merging onto the highway and it's a great feeling. Sometimes feels like I'm in Ferrari with the take off speed.
Nissan put a rather low first gear in the 5sp and gives that feeling.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”