4WD, Slip, VDC OFF Lights ON?

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

jessepathfinder

4WD, Slip, VDC OFF Lights ON?

Postby jessepathfinder » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:36 pm

I turned my 2004 Pathfinder on last night and the 4WD, Slip, VDC OFF Lights came on and stayed on. Also my 4x4 no longer works and the indicator lights by the TAC (showing which setting I'm in 2WD or 4WD) no longer work either. I tried driving it around and their is something wrong with the AUTO transmission it shifts very jarringly and the accelerator isn't as sensitive as it normally is??

Has anyone had similar problems?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:44 pm

You'll need to retrieve the stored trouble codes to help diagnose the issue. You'll need access to a compatible scantool in order to do so, not just an OBDII code reader, like those used by most auto parts stores. You should also check for any blown fuses or fusible links.

Kalmerz

Postby Kalmerz » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:53 am

I have the same issue, trouble appeared after playing in the snow.

4WD works as far as locking central diff, but any ABS or whatever electronical aid does not.

Lord Farquaad

Postby Lord Farquaad » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:20 pm

Same thing happened to me last week. Got a call from the wife to say the Pathy would not start. Got home and diagnosed a flat battery. Jump started it and went to have a new battery installed. After the installation those lights were on and would not clear themselves. Drove to the Nissan dealer and they cleared them via OBD. Workshop manager told me that it happens if you were to disconnect the battery and then reconnect NEG first. He said the right sequence id POS lead and then NEG. I have disconnected mine numerous times, but have no idea if I did POS first. He might have a point.

oldspower71

Postby oldspower71 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:33 am

Fusible link. Ive had 2 of em blow. One was my fault after I changed the alternator, because the wire-loom bracket on the back of the alternator was shorting out on the positive terminal. The other was just random and gave the same symptoms you r describing.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”