Loss of Power, Odd Shifting

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

ctgilbertson

Loss of Power, Odd Shifting

Postby ctgilbertson » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:06 am

Hello,

I have a 2003 with 92K. Was driving on Saturday, car had been on for about 5 minutes, all of a sudden sitting at a light I felt the rpm's drop. After that there was a noticable lack of power and the car wasn't shifting right. On the highway it struggled to maintain 65 mph and the rpms were either revving or too low, as if it couldn't find the right gear. I parked it and it sat until Sunday when I went to drive it to my mechanic and it drove perfectly. So now I am a bit nervous its going to happen again. We had gotten gas the day before so the tank was full and the check engine light never came on.

I have had my Pathfinder for 2 years, bought it with 72K miles and never have had an issue. If anyone can tell me what they think is going on I would be very appreciative.

deermjd

Postby deermjd » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:13 am

Do you have a check engine light or any error codes? There are many possibilities so it's hard to pinpoint your problem without any check engine codes. But it sounds like the symptoms of a bad throttle position sensor. That's what I'd check first. Good luck!

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”