Replacing Rear Bumper Cover

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

jax2662

Replacing Rear Bumper Cover

Postby jax2662 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:08 pm

Hey guys, I got an 05 LE that I backed into someone with about a year ago and I finally found a real good deal online for the part to replace it. Has anyone replaced theirs by themselves? Should I take it to a shop or can it be done by myself? Any suggestions or tips would be great

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:57 pm

if ur referring to this, it takes 2 minutes.

6 normals screws + 2 rivets. u can install without the rivets and it'll hold up fine.

deermjd

Postby deermjd » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:18 pm

If you are trying to get it color matched I would say your best option is to take it to a shop. But if you want to just get it close you could do it yourself with a few spray cans from somethere like paintscratch.com that will has factory color paint. Or you could put some sort of bedliner on it if you want it to look different. Several people on the forum have done that if you want to know what that would look like. To answer your question, yes you can replace it yourself but it would probably be nice to have another pair of hands to help you out.

Where did you find a good deal on the rear bumper cover? I'm in need of one as well but I haven't been able to find one for less than about $300.

I think you are referring to the entire bumper cover than wraps around the whole rear of the truck, right?

jax2662

Postby jax2662 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:09 pm

Deermjd, yes i'm talking about the whole cover thy wraps all the way around. I got really lucky, my wife is really into groupon.com and there was some deal for free shipping for an online auto supply store for any purchase over 150$. So I got the part for about 175+ tax , that's the best deal I found. But i got really lucky

mrfatboy

Postby mrfatboy » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:15 am

What was the online part store? I need to replace mine also.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”