loaded up

Life on the road is what automobiles were made for, share your road trip stories and pictures here.

Moderator: volvite

leadpig

loaded up

Postby leadpig » Fri May 18, 2012 9:56 am

Just a quick flip to Taos and the Rio Grande, first time with boats on the new pathy! First time in a kayak in years too (river roll still works!). Frantic driving, boating, camping for a couple of days - feels like I'm in grad school again. Maybe this is what a mid-life crisis feels like? :shock:

And yes, I know, for those boaters out there three of those on the roof are seriously old school barges from a time when a 10ft boat was short. Ahh, the 90s. For the connoisseurs of antique boats, that's a Prijon Hurricane, a Perception Pirouette, a Dagger Freefall and, in a concession to the 21st century, a Dagger Mamba.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Fri May 18, 2012 12:15 pm

Looks like fun to me! I was about to say you are the bravest soul I've ever encountered, but after rereading your post, I noticed that you wrote "Taos" and not "Texas."

Any other pics you can share showing the kayaking portion of the trip?

leadpig

Postby leadpig » Fri May 18, 2012 2:51 pm

Ha! Yes, my pfd is not kevlar. Unfortunately that's about it as far as pics go. The iphone stayed buried in the dry bag for the duration.

Here's a shot of the Rio Pueblo next to the campground as the sun caught an outcrop opposite early in the morning.

FLiPMaRC

Postby FLiPMaRC » Tue May 22, 2012 11:43 am

8) Sounded like a fun trip!

Return to “Roaaad Trip!!!”