BiXenon Retrofit on USA Pathfinders: Anyone Done this yet?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

OurPathfinder

BiXenon Retrofit on USA Pathfinders: Anyone Done this yet?

Postby OurPathfinder » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:12 pm

So... no one has really said whether or not the bixenon's are worth the money. We do A LOT of VERY dark road driving for long periods of time and are considering purchasing an HID retrofit kit. We put in the Sylvania Silverstars and already see a HUGE difference. We have considered adding a bull bar and HID driving lights in leu of the bixenon retrofit. Curious if anyone who ISN'T from Europe has added a bixenon retrofit kit to their Pathfinders? Also if it's been done without changing out the headlamp housing? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Gray

Postby Gray » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:07 am

Welcome to the forum OurPathfinder, did you install the regular Silverstars or Ultra. As I do a lot of night driving one thing that I don't like about the Silverstars is their low life expectancy rating, but maybe there are longer lasting halogens available.

OurPathfinder

Postby OurPathfinder » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:20 am

Thank you for the welcome! We installed the Silverstar Ultras. We have seen a slight difference with the Ultra's over the standard Silverstars. One reason for considering the HID units is because of the much longer life expectancy over the Silverstars. I think since we've been using Silverstars we've averaged 1-1.5 years out of each set. I guess I'd rather purchase $200 HID lamps and let it last the life of the vehicle, then to spend $40-50 a year on bulbs. We are disappointed in the stock high beams as, granted the distance coverage is slightly increased over the low beams, the brightness is not. Frustrating. I have even thought of buying some HID driving lights to fit in that 6 3/4" wide x 3.5" tall space below and to the right and left of the license plate to help with this issue. What are your experiences (if any) with after market driving/bulbs? Thank you for your time!

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”