pissed beyond compare

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

alyoung

pissed beyond compare

Postby alyoung » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:25 pm

Ive been without low beams on my 2007 path SE for about 2 weeks now. ive done everything i could possibly think of checked all fuses and relays. checked all connections and wires in and out of the headlight circuits. lastly i bit the bullet and baught a new stalk. I still got nothing WHAT THE F**K. i just dont get it. with all the tests ive done ive noticed that the low beam relay isnt getting ground. and it wont click ive checked all grounds and they all seem to be good. any ideas would help. my next move is going to the stealership and bending over if i cant figure this out soon.

pandarturo88

Postby pandarturo88 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:54 pm

What about the rotary switch contacts on the turn signal handle?

CPLTECH

Postby CPLTECH » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:37 pm

First, I am not a mechanic. I think the dealer will use the CONSULT II to diagnose.
A description of the circuit can be found in the “Serv Manual” sticky on the forum page marked: 2005+ Pathfinder (R51). Go to the LT [Lighting] section. Page LT-5 gives a brief description, LT-7 has a simplified schematic. It appears that each side and each High or Low beam has its own fuse. So something has to be common to both. Is it a relay in the IPDM? Is it more likely a missing signal from the BCM telling the IPDM what to do, as someone mentioned earlier? It is my guess that one or the other pulls the controlling circuit to ground [I think your dome lamps have power to them at all times, then your dome switch just connects it to ground]. So what is going on in the BCM/IPDM, I have no clue. They engineer it so complicated nowadays. If push comes to shove, you could do a temp fix by reversing the wires going to each lamp, of course that means LOW beams only. Or reverse the H & L relay coil wires that go to the IPDM. The only correct method is to get it fixed. $orry, wish someone else who went thru the experience could help you.

alyoung

Postby alyoung » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:10 pm

thanks. and yeah i have the service manual i actually had to buy ink 4 times to print it out at home but i rather have the paper in hand.

-pandarturo88 ive disasembled the old switch and tried to jump the contacts and nothing thats why i got a new one ans its not the switch. like i said ive checked everything possible and the conclusion ive come to is the low relay isnt getting ground (i could be wrong though).

i really wish there was someone that has been through this that could help me.

Thank you to all for your input.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Re: pissed beyond compare

Postby eieio » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:31 am

alyoung wrote:Ive been without low beams on my 2007 path SE for about 2 weeks now. ive done everything i could possibly think of checked all fuses and relays.
were you finally ever able to locate the problem?
if so, what did it turn out to be?
Thanks!

alyoung

Postby alyoung » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:15 pm

yeah i figured it out, the intergratted relay in the IPDM went and wasnt activating the other relay. ordered a new one from EVERYTHINGNISSAN.COM for $150.00. not bad its the "upgrade" controller/cover and its a genuine nissan part. just got it today installed it and headlights are working fine :D . sadly :( i still have the VDC light on and the SLIP comes on after like 10 min of driving im stuck on that if you could help i would appreciate it and today about 4 hours after installing the new part i drove to the bank and on the way to get pizza i felt the biggest thump :shock: SEL came on and the truck wouldnt go past 20mph pulled over turned it off then on and drove fine but still have SEL wit a P1774 dont know what that is :x and could also use advice on that if any.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:41 pm

alyoung wrote:yeah i figured it out
congratulations! :)
pits about the other issues, though :(
wish i could help......
the only things that come to mind is disconnecting the battery for a while and/or clearing the codes

alyoung

Postby alyoung » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:55 pm

imma clear the code but ive tried everything for that VDC left batt off for hours and it stays on. gonna take a look at the brakes in the morning. as for the code found out that DTC P1774 LOW COAST BRAKE SOLENOID VALVE FUNCTION PFP:31940
Description ECS00EJW
Low coast brake solenoid valve is turned “ON” or “OFF” by the TCM in response to signals sent from the
PNP switch, vehicle speed sensor and accelerator pedal position sensor (throttle position sensor). Gears
will then be shifted to the optimum position.
This is not only caused by electrical malfunction (circuits open or shorted) but also by mechanical malfunction
such as control valve sticking, improper solenoid valve operation. gonna look more into it but imma delete it and see what happens
thanks

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:04 pm

check your trans fluid for coolant.

alyoung

Postby alyoung » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:50 am

yeah i checked the tranny when i got it i got scared it looked funny but it wasnt coolant it was the dealership put an "additive". the radiator did have a nasty sludge looking substance i drained and refilled but the reserve tank is still gummed up gonna do a full flush soon. would anyone happen to know where the LOW COAST BRAKE SOLENOID VALVE is?

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:10 am

alyoung wrote:yeah i checked the tranny when i got it i got scared it looked funny but it wasnt coolant it was the dealership put an "additive". the radiator did have a nasty sludge looking substance i drained and
did this problem start after the transmission "additive" was added at the dealership? ("post hoc ergo proctor hoc" - "after this, therefore because of this")?
what did they put in it?
did you authorize them to add it?

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:30 am

alyoung wrote:would anyone happen to know where the LOW COAST BRAKE SOLENOID VALVE is?
found this:
http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread ... 898&page=2
the low coast solenoid valve may be inside the transmission, or part of the transmission valve body
however, it seems to be controlled by several electrical input related things that could be causing it to malfunction

alyoung

Postby alyoung » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:29 pm

thanks. any info on the VDC/SLIP light they are really getting to me.. :?

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:10 am

alyoung wrote:thanks. any info on the VDC/SLIP light they are really getting to me.. :?
any progress?

alyoung

Postby alyoung » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:07 pm

wow man you are magical! :? there was nothing at all till today at about 8:00pm i noticed that when goming around a bend the "slip" light was blinking but the "VDC" went off. i was so happy!! it was short lived because no im getting an extreme grind and pulsating in the brakes at every turn i take the actuator is buzzing as well. AHHHHH :evil: oh and by the way yesterday i got an oil change and balance/rotation at walmart if that means anything. i really need help!!!!

Return to “R51 Electrical”