DOES MY CAR HAVE MEMORY SEATS OR AM I CRAZY!!!

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

Vividcard

DOES MY CAR HAVE MEMORY SEATS OR AM I CRAZY!!!

Postby Vividcard » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:23 pm

Just purchased my 05 SE about 2 weeks ago and I adjusted my seat to where I was happy, now, whenever I lock the car and come back later and unlock it I swear the seat back has moved forward, Now normally on trucks and such there is a memory button, I see nothing like this in my truck. So my question is, is there a way to set memory that I dont know about? Or am I crazy and the gremlins come in during the night and move the seat back forward 3 inches?

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:19 pm

my 05 SE does not have memory seats.

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:13 pm

you'll know if you have memory seating because you should have a "1 2 set" set of buttons on the driver door.

they're also linked to the keyfobs (1 and 2), so it could be that every time you unlock it, it resets to whatever it was set to.

can't remember what the deal is for setting them, but i'm sure it's on here or online somewhere.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:52 am

I'm not 100% sure, but I think memory seats were only available on the LE. As mentioned already, you would have the memory seat switch on your driver's door panel, if you did.

Oly 22

Postby Oly 22 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:05 pm

Assuming your Pathy has the "memory seats", the positioning of the seats can be programmed to the FOB. I expect that the FOB is programmed to the last owners set up and every time you use the FOB to open the door, the seats adjust to the position already programmed to the FOB (the last owner). I have the memory seats (Automatic Drive Positioner) in my LE. This option allows you to set the seat, brake, accelerator and outside mirror positions for two people. If you do not program the FOB you can still put everything back, just push the position number on the door and everything will move to the programmed setting. This can be used if someone changes the position of the seat, etc. and the FOB is not programmed.

The following is right out of the manual under Automatic Drive Positioner

1. place the shift selector to park
2. place the ignition switch in the on position
3. adjust driver's seat, pedals and outside mirrors to the desired position.
4. push the set switch (on the driver's door) either 1 or 2 and within 5 seconds press the set button. The indicator light for the pushed memory switch will come on and stay on for approx. 5 seconds after pushing the switch. When the light goes out, the postion is stored to the location (1 or 2) you have selected. This will over ride any previous settings.

Linking the keyfob to a stored memory position.
Each keyfob can be linked to a stored memory position.

1. follow the steps for storing a memory position
2. while the indicating light for the memory switch is being set is illuminated for 5 seconds, press the unlock button on the keyfob. The indicating light will blink. When the light goes off, the keyfob is linked to that memory setting. This will also override any previous settings.

If your battery is disconnected during a service or dies, you have to start all over again. All the memory is lost.

Oly 22

Postby Oly 22 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:37 pm

If you don't have the Automatic Drive Positioner, I go with the Gremlins. :D

Vividcard

Postby Vividcard » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:15 pm

Im gonna go with gremins or something... no seat buttons, however im feeling that something is going on, its definitely moving. But I CANNOT figure it out... ill try to see if I can program the fob. Likely not the issue but alas nothing else makes sense.

Oly 22

Postby Oly 22 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:59 pm

If you do not have the set/1/2 buttons on the door, I don't think you can program the fob. Stand at the driver's door then unlock the car and see if the seat moves. Try the same thing when you lock the door. If nothing happens get a tiny little camera that is motion operated and catch the little bastards in the act.

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:05 am

sorry i couldnt get the info from the above posts:
do you actually have a handle on the seats for adjustments or it is buttons?

Vividcard

Postby Vividcard » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:54 pm

I have the actual drivers side power seat controls (the ones built on the side of the seat) but nothing on the door to set the buttons. I am beginning to wonder if maybe when i slide in my work badge or something is catching and moving it, tonight I am going to tape a string to the steering wheel and the the headrest and make it nice and pulled tight, and I'll check in the morning if it has slack, if it does we've got issues, If it doesn't and it still moves forward I am dealing with my badge

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:06 pm

i went camping this weekend and i noticed that when standing outside the opened passenger side door, and was reaching across to the driver seat to get some things my waist/body hit the buttons to make the seat move. kinda spooked me as i wasn't expecting anything to move. maybe it's something like that? do you have kids/wife/etc that may reach in to get something with the door open?

gond34

Postby gond34 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:19 am

Hey, you're not the only one with this issue.... I thought I was crazy myself as I know I don't have memory seats. This has happened to me more than once, most recently last Wednesday. I parked the truck at work, got out and locked it up, only to come back at the end of the day and smack my knees off the friggin' dash as I got it. I'd attribute it to the "Oops, I must have touched the power buttons getting in", except that this has happened probably a dozen times over the last year and a half and each time the seat has been in the exact same position.... All the way forward with the front of the seat bottom elevated significantly. Thanks for posting this; now there's one less "thing" out there that proves I'm crazy (too bad there's still plenty of others, though) :lol:

Vividcard

Postby Vividcard » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:33 am

Well the good news is that its only the back rest that moves... however I think that the seat bottom will not move all the way down, I may need to replace the controls or something. Ill have to dig into it this weekend

SPICOLI

Postby SPICOLI » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:21 am

I'm GLAD that I'm not the only one. I've noticed the drivers seat readjust itself everyday for the last few months. WEIRD

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:45 pm

Put the seat where you want it and unhook the power. Problem solved. If it still moves...sell it.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”