Towing Mirrors

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

speedline

Towing Mirrors

Postby speedline » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:02 pm

Just wondering if someone has found any towing add on mirrors for the 07 Pathfinder.

Thanks

Gray

Postby Gray » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:28 pm

Nothing specific listed for the PF /Frontier yet but Visiocorp /TTT Mirror makes the extendable tow mirrors for the Titan /Armada;

http://www.ttt-mirror.com/featureanalysis.html

http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchant2/ ... 99T7-A6001

It's possible that Titan mirrors are fairly close, or could be modified to fit. I'd go to a dealership and measure up the differences between the two.

Gray

Postby Gray » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:41 pm

Here are the two schematics for the 05+PF and the 04+ Titan showing that they use the same #80292 and #80293 window base mounting plate;

Hope that helps.

speedline

Postby speedline » Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:41 am

So I could just replace my mirrors with an extendable titan mirror?

Gray

Postby Gray » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:46 am

speedline wrote:So I could just replace my mirrors with an extendable titan mirror?
As the PF and Titan use the same mirror base one of the Titan tow extendable mirrors should work on the PF. I don't think the PF came with heated or memory mirrors so you wouldn't have those but the adjustment motor looks to be the same so you should have that function if the installation guy does it right. From some reading on Titan foums there are two different types of tow mirrors, one with heat and memory and one without. You might want to post over here to find a mirror with a compatible wireing harness;

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-g ... stion.html

Also do a search on http://www.titantalk.com/forums/ for mirrors as there is some additional info about the swap.

I haven't done a mirror swap myself but if you are going to do it, it would be interesting for the forum to have some photos of the process. Thanks.

Last edited by Gray on Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gray

Postby Gray » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:09 am

Here's a Muth instruction PDF for changing mirrors in an Armada which should be similar to the PF;

http://www.kwmuth.com/techsupport/pdfs/21001030.pdf

speedline

Postby speedline » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:35 pm

Thanks for all the information. I guess my first step is to find a set of titan towing mirrors first. Which may be hard to find up here, unless I go to the dealer.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:13 am

Greybrick wrote:I don't think the PF came with heated or memory mirrors so you wouldn't have those
At-least the 06 LE's came with heated mirrors and most likely memory also. Never had to use the memory as I am the only one driving my path.

ralphwiggums

Postby ralphwiggums » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:29 pm

^ yes, some of the Pathy's had heated mirrors as an option. the sales guy that sold me my SE OR said they were heated and then I discovered they friggin don't (pisses me off). you can tell if they are heated by looking at the mirror - heated ones have a little defrost symbol on them.

i'd like to know if the heated mirrors will swap on and integrate with the defrost button. i can't see nissan putting to different kinds of wiring harnesses in the door for the mirrors, so i would assume the harness SHOULD just plug into a heated mirror.

Tillyboat

Postby Tillyboat » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:00 pm

Speedline... or anyone for that matter, that can find extendable mirrors for towing, it would be much appreciated. Recently bought a travel trailer and need some before I go anywhere else. If the Titan mirrors would just transfer over, or if anybody tries it out and it works, it would be awesome. Only have the power heated mirrors, no memory. Thanks...

Gray

Postby Gray » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:39 pm

Tillyboat wrote:Speedline... or anyone for that matter, that can find extendable mirrors for towing, it would be much appreciated. Recently bought a travel trailer and need some before I go anywhere else. If the Titan mirrors would just transfer over, or if anybody tries it out and it works, it would be awesome. Only have the power heated mirrors, no memory. Thanks...
Here's another thread from some Frontier drivers who are starting to take a look at this mod as they often use their trucks for boats and trailers. Being that the Titan and PF base plates match, even if the electrics didn't mate up I'd take look at installing an older manual type controler for the mirror function and maybe call it good that way. :)

http://frontyspot.com/frontier/viewtopi ... =27&t=1331

OurPathfinder

Postby OurPathfinder » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:55 am

I'd be interested to see if anyone from here has modified a stock Armada/Titan mirror to their PF. I know there is talk on the Frontier boards about doing it, but it doesn't appear that anyone has done it yet.

speedline

Postby speedline » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:44 pm

I will be doing it as soon as I can find a set.

Tillyboat

Postby Tillyboat » Fri May 30, 2008 2:19 am

I had asked a local Nissan Dealership about trying to put the Titan towing mirrors on the Pathfinder. The service guys said that he would try and let me know. I got a response from them saying that the mirrors DO NOT fit. They advised that the mirror mounting area was too big for the Pathfinder area. They also said that the electronics were different and it would mess it up for the Pathfinder. I didn't get a chance to see it for myself but I'm not going to spend the couple of hundred dollars and try it myself, then find out I wasted it.

I ended up buying those clip on mirrors with the rubber strap on the back. I put them on and went for a ride to check the wind turbulence. Of course they weren't very steady, but they didn't move or blow off. Then again, you're not going to be travelling very fast when towing.

Anyone got any ideas about getting the double rear view trailer camera systems? I was looking at some on the net but I don't know. Have a good day everyone....

speedline

Postby speedline » Sat May 31, 2008 11:14 am

Yeah it appears that the mounting plate is a bit bigger or longer on the titan mirror. But with a little bit of precise bench grinding it will work. As for the electronics, I am sure there is a way to make it all work. I as well will be doing this mod when I can find a set of titan mirrors.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”