almost a newb

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

festerfm

almost a newb

Postby festerfm » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:22 pm

hi everyone, my name is francis, i'm 28, and from northeast pa. i dont own a pathfinder yet, but in the next few months, i hope to learn enough about them to make the right decision on one.

i currently own a 97 isuzu rodeo, v6 4wd 5spd. the only rust is on the bumpers. it has cruise, ice cold a/c, power windows, locks, and keyless entry. runs good and in 40k miles, hasnt let me down once. i bought it with 130k on it and it is creeping up on 170k. however, i have a kid on the way due in january. i've been looking at a bunch of different vehicles however, i have some things that i need.

my next vehicle will be used for towing an 8ft enclosed trailer with a quad, and to haul me around and my wife and kid.. so it has to be safe. the 2 i was thinking of were an 01-04 frontier, or an 01-04 pathfinder. i am leaning toward the pathfinder. my rodeo pulls the trailer ok and is only 190hp so 240 should be plenty. also MUST be a manual.

so i would like to learn as much as i can about that body style. i saw one for sale last week for $7500 that was a silver, manual tranny, with the 3.5 and 4wd and only 90k miles.

i do 99% of my own work on my vehicles. it's what i went to school for. very hands on and i'm not really all that happy with a bone stock vehicle. i am interested in a decent sounding exhaust (not many on youtube to sample). no lift, but def a stereo upgrade. maybe some hid's. i have a vision of what i want, but i wanna kno as much as i can about this body style with the 3.5. so i'll go about my research and any helpful tips, hints, or tricks are muchly appreciated. what are the problem areas? are there any options i want to look for? how are they for towing?

thanks in advance!!

festerfm

Postby festerfm » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:06 pm

well, goin to pick it up on saturday.. looks great to me! hopefully the weather cooperates with me.. it's a 150 mile drive up there.

http://www.crystalmotorssales.net/2002_ ... 153842.veh

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”