Any suggestions for good highway tires - I live in North NJ

Member postings to buy/sell anything, from parts to full automobiles. Commercial vendors, ask the Admins first for permission to post.

Moderator: volvite

JTRock

Any suggestions for good highway tires - I live in North NJ

Postby JTRock » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:55 pm

Any suggestions for good highway tires - I live in North NJ and we see all 4 seasons. I put about 20 - 25k miles a year. Any suggestions for a good wearing tire that isn't loud?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:24 pm

I used to live in NJ (Keyport...GSP exit 117), but now I'm in the 'sticks' of VA. I have a set of Michelin LTX M/S2's on my 06 LE and love them! Yeah, they are a little pricey. Best price I could find was $208 each (incl. shipping) online; I can mount and balance them myself, which helps. The cost really isn't so bad as they last twice as long as the BFG's or Generals that come on the Pathy's from the factory. They are rated "720 A A" and are quiet on the road, plus very good on wet roads and pretty good in snow. I'll definately be buying another set "if" these ever wear out!

ajnismo24

Postby ajnismo24 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:17 pm

smj999smj wrote:I used to live in NJ (Keyport...GSP exit 117), but now I'm in the 'sticks' of VA. I have a set of Michelin LTX M/S2's on my 06 LE and love them! Yeah, they are a little pricey. Best price I could find was $208 each (incl. shipping) online; I can mount and balance them myself, which helps. The cost really isn't so bad as they last twice as long as the BFG's or Generals that come on the Pathy's from the factory. They are rated "720 A A" and are quiet on the road, plus very good on wet roads and pretty good in snow. I'll definately be buying another set "if" these ever wear out!
+1 for the LTX MS2

Pnitti

Postby Pnitti » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:22 pm

I use General Grabbers all season highway. They work very well. Haven't had much snow usage due to a mild winter last season. They do utilize low rolling resistance which has given me about 1 to 2 more mpg compared to the oems. They are priced pretty competitively.

Ps I live in central NJ.

sonnyc

Postby sonnyc » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:27 am

This may be too late...

After running AT tires all of my Pathfinder's life, I just switched to the Falken S/TZ04 tires in 31" and am happy with it so far. The previous tires were GoodYear Silent Armor and while they were great the noise were loud when they 1/2 worn. The Falken are more street oriented and very quiet. They have stiffer sidewall so cornerning is a bit improved over the old AT tires too.

Brian Nametko

I live in North NJ too:

Postby Brian Nametko » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:32 pm

I have an 06 Path. I live in NJ too. The best tires you can buy are the BF GoodRich AllTerrarains. They may sound like an off road tire but the incredible tread is perfect on the highway too. There are times when Rt 80, 287, or 10 can be slick and these have always had the best traction during any obstacle.

LifeCareEMT

Postby LifeCareEMT » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:04 pm

I would have to go with Firestones.....long wearing and no road "howl" or "sing".

LifeCareEMT

Postby LifeCareEMT » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:16 pm

Truth is.....Driveability is 50 % vehicle and it's capability, and 50 % Driver ability. Is the vehicle equipped for the environment , and is the operator?

slavabon

Postby slavabon » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:12 pm

What does this thread have in common with classifieds section?

Return to “Classifieds for Pathfinders and Pathfinder Accessories”