Front hub assembly changed over. Now have 4WD warning light

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

caesarson

Front hub assembly changed over. Now have 4WD warning light

Postby caesarson » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:14 am

Hi

I changed over the front HUB assembly this morning on my 2005 PAthfinder due to play in the original. All went well, but now I have the ABS and 4WD warning lights on permently.

THe new hub I bought was listed as a part for a nissan Navara (D40, parts number 40202-4X01A, 40202-EA300) but that the part would fit the PAthfinder as it's the same.

I have had a look in the workshop manuals and noticed that an allinement mark should be made for the CV once the brake disc is removed. I didn't bother with this and the hub was rotated a lot during removal. I'm wondering if this could be the cause of the 4WD light or if the electrical harness is not correct for a pathfinder. I was thinking of rebleeding the brake lines tomorrow as I have new pads. IS there a link to a walk through?

Cheers for any help

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:26 pm

I wouldn't touch the brake hydraulic system unless you know there's a problem with it. The warning lamps may have nothing to do with the hub replacement. What you need to do is have the ABS and 4WD systems scanned for codes. These will not come up on an OBD II code reader. They will need to be read by a capable scan tool. If you don't have one, you'll need to take your vehicle to a Nissan dealer or an independant shop that has the equipment to do so.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:33 am

smj999smj wrote:These will not come up on an OBD II code reader. They will need to be read by a capable scan tool.
any suggestions for a "capable" scan tool?
would it have the functions of an OBD II reader as well as additional functions?

caesarson

Postby caesarson » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:59 pm

Original problem all fixed. Parts supplier sent a new ABS sensor overnight. Changed over, bled the brakes and went for a drive. All warning lights are off, and now I can finally remember driving the truck without pulling to the side

caesarson

Postby caesarson » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:59 pm

eieio wrote:
smj999smj wrote:These will not come up on an OBD II code reader. They will need to be read by a capable scan tool.
any suggestions for a "capable" scan tool?
would it have the functions of an OBD II reader as well as additional functions?
Scantool is good

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”