pLaStIdIp MaInIa!!!!

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:38 pm

nutbar78 wrote:Doctahjones, you seem to have some photoshop skills, I wonder if you can fulfill a photoshop request. Could you do the fender flares in black as well? I mean continue the black up from the rocker panels around the fender flares and then back down to the bottom of the bumpers.

i may or may not have been using PS since '97.....and i may or may not also be a glamour/beauty photog on the side sometimes too....so i may or may not be pretty proficient in PS :P

so yeah, sure i can do that. so both front and back? on the front come back down to the left or right of the drivers side fog light?

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:39 pm

also, give me a link to a bigger pic of your avatar and i'll just do it on yours, since i think that's what you're going for right?

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:53 pm

well, not sure if you just meant the little 'lip' where the fenders are or what...so here's just that on mine. real quick and dirty edit

nutbar78

Postby nutbar78 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:11 pm

I mean the entire flre, up through the radius.

nutbar78

Postby nutbar78 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:44 pm

How many cans of plasti-dip did you need for all 4 rims? Also, is there a special type of plasti-dip?

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:02 pm

nutbar78 wrote:How many cans of plasti-dip did you need for all 4 rims? Also, is there a special type of plasti-dip?

here's my thread on the wheels:
http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=7815

"4 cans seemed to work for me (without doing the spare). "

no special kind, just double check that the sku/barcode has "black" on it to be sure.

here's a link to it on home depots page
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R ... IL0ycXR4sI

it's usually over in the 'rattle can' (spray) paint dept. they also have a small paint bucket of it too, although i'm not sure how you'd get that on evenly and in multiple small coats.

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:03 pm

also wanted to update on how the bottom lip and fog light job is holding up...

it's still goin strong. no tears or pulls on it yet. and i guess i don't eat up too many rocks as there's no chips that i can find (yet).

however i did coat the sh*t out of that lip, so maybe that's helping.

JayThePathMaker

Postby JayThePathMaker » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:55 am

That looks great, im thinking of doing this to the Chrome upper bunmper cover. I think it would look nice on yours as well.

drdave2387

Postby drdave2387 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:23 am

I got a question about the lift you did on your pathy. First Doc gotta say a love the look you gave your pathy I think it looks sick! Second of all I was thinking about a lift also like what you got. I dont want anything too high but 1.5 to 2" is perfect IMO but hows the ride quality on the street? almost like stock? or worse? I love this look, I'm fairly new to the whole 4x4 scene but not a total newb in the car world specially since I just sold my 2008 twin turbo 350z which me and a friend built the motor and tuned everything myself on the car. lol Miss my baby but had a new baby boy so family wagon it is lol

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:09 am

drdave2387 wrote:I got a question about the lift you did on your pathy. First Doc gotta say a love the look you gave your pathy I think it looks sick! Second of all I was thinking about a lift also like what you got. I dont want anything too high but 1.5 to 2" is perfect IMO but hows the ride quality on the street? almost like stock? or worse? I love this look, I'm fairly new to the whole 4x4 scene but not a total newb in the car world specially since I just sold my 2008 twin turbo 350z which me and a friend built the motor and tuned everything myself on the car. lol Miss my baby but had a new baby boy so family wagon it is lol

crap, never saw these questions...

thanks!

i did a 2in "deluxe suspension lift", ordered from 4x4parts.com for around $440+s/h if i remember right. it's currently not on their website due to back-ordered parts. the ride compared to stock is much stiffer since i did new rear springs and new shocks all around. if i had to do it again i'd still do the rear springs, but instead of the bilsteins all around, i'd do rancho adjustables (xl9000 or something i think they were?) and make sure to get the new coilover set (new coil and strut assembly) for the front.

and in general you can't go over 2in suspension lift without changing a bunch of other things like control arms. even at the 2in mark some people have had issues with not being able to get their tires aligned properly. last time i was in the shop the guy said i was just about out of adjustment room.

not on the rug

Postby not on the rug » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:43 am

hey doctahjones,
I was wondering if you would be able to work some of your photoshop skills for me if you had a chance. I have an '07 LE, and was thinking of painting the grill, the lower portion of the front bumper (from the line above the fog lights down), the rear bumper panel, and the rocker panels all black. I thought about plastidipping them all, but I don't want to go through the effort of doing that, then having to remove it, prep it and paint it. i'm pretty sure I will like the way it looks, just would like to see it first before I go for it. if you can't, then that's cool too. thanks

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:26 pm

After watching a few videos on youtube, I'm now into plasti dip mode. I'm going to start with a couple of exterior utility doors at my house that I'm installing this weekend, which will be replacing 2 doors that are completely beat to hell because of the freezing and thawing.

I now fully intend to plasti dip all the exposed plastic in the cargo area, since that is where all the scratches are & where it is the ugliest. If that goes well, I'll plasti dip the brushed aluminum trim pieces inside and then the ugly chrome pieces on the exterior. Actually, I really wanted to run out and buy a few cans and do the entire exterior just to see how it would look, but I've decided to stick to the above plan.

iheartmypathy

Postby iheartmypathy » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:11 pm

NVSteve wrote:I now fully intend to plasti dip all the exposed plastic in the cargo area, since that is where all the scratches are & where it is the ugliest. If that goes well, I'll plasti dip the brushed aluminum trim pieces inside and then the ugly chrome pieces on the exterior. Actually, I really wanted to run out and buy a few cans and do the entire exterior just to see how it would look, but I've decided to stick to the above plan.
Looking forward to seeing it completed! Good luck!

srquill

Postby srquill » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:08 am

NVSteve wrote:After watching a few videos on youtube, I'm now into plasti dip mode. I'm going to start with a couple of exterior utility doors at my house that I'm installing this weekend, which will be replacing 2 doors that are completely beat to hell because of the freezing and thawing.

I now fully intend to plasti dip all the exposed plastic in the cargo area, since that is where all the scratches are & where it is the ugliest. If that goes well, I'll plasti dip the brushed aluminum trim pieces inside and then the ugly chrome pieces on the exterior. Actually, I really wanted to run out and buy a few cans and do the entire exterior just to see how it would look, but I've decided to stick to the above plan.

So you said you were doing the inside cargo area? How'd that turn out? Mines pretty scratched up from normal transportation of stuff and would love to spiff it up a bit

cgray

Postby cgray » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:01 pm

I am also interested in how the inside cargo area turned out. Any pics?

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”