Missing tire tools

Anything relating to Wheels, Tires, and Brake options and upgrades...

Moderator: volvite

CPLTECH

Missing tire tools

Postby CPLTECH » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:56 am

Recently decided to look at the tire jack & tools after 3 yr of ownership. GONE!!! Altho I have AAA, I question if they can remove the spare without the proper T-bar Nissan tool described in the Owners Manual. At a dilemma, where can I find a reasonable priced set of tools if I happen to be out in the middle of nowhere?

One internet dealer wants over $150

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:10 am

I'd try a salvage yard. There may be a way to get the spare down but it would be a lot easier with the intended tools. Can't be that much at a typical junk yard.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:28 pm

Good thing you never needed it. Would have sucked to find out the hard way.

Taavi

Postby Taavi » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:45 pm

volvite wrote:Would have sucked to find out the hard way.
Like that?

I had quite similar situation on my trip to Norway. I was totally out of luck that day. First the jack broke, then the T-bar broke...

It took about 30..45 min to get the spare tyre out. You have to bend the clamp that holds up the spare. You have to find a space for broken one after that.

Oly 22

Postby Oly 22 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:11 pm

skinny2 wrote:I'd try a salvage yard. There may be a way to get the spare down but it would be a lot easier with the intended tools. Can't be that much at a typical junk yard.
x2 on the salvage yard.

Taavi, that sucks.

I carry a bottle jack as well, it doesn't take up much space and didn't cost much. Never thought to carry a second T-Bar. There is space in the plastic sleeve they gave us.

Haven't had a flat so I have never brought the spare down. Might have to give it a try before I have to figure it out in the dark and the rain.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:57 pm

It's always good to check your spare tire every 6 months or so. Nothing like changing a flat and finding out your spare tire is flat too.

Return to “R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels”