New guy from Texas

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

rollingrock

New guy from Texas

Postby rollingrock » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:55 pm

Hey folks

I picked up a 1993 SE Pathfinder to use on the ranch but I fell in love with it, I am using it as my daily driver and put my F250 in storage with our 5thWheel and ATV's. LOL

I love this little truck but I do have my share of problems with it. Learning a non Ford product is new for me...having Fords most of my life. Learning how to tinker with this new ride.

Details: 1993 SE. Bought it with 171K on the clock
It had a transmission rebuild in March of 2012
I am the 3rd owner. The second owner was the sales manager of the dealership where it was traded and he had it for only 2 months. So I feel like i am really the second owner.

So far I have done the following:
New Shocks
Left and Right half shafts
2 new injectors, #1 #3
new fuel filter
new struts on glass and lift gate
1 new tire and new spare
new timing belt and drive belts
1 new alternator
new fan
torsion bar adjustment and alignment
hood latch adjustments
sagging door adjustments
rear brake pads and new brake fluid
4x4 neutral position switch (transfer case)
4x4 switch (transfer case)
cleaned out throttle body
adjusted timing
cleaned out heater core plenum (packed with debris)

Spent around 20 hours restoring the paint and cleaning it up. (I do paint restoration as a hobby, well, its a curse really. I run a Auto Detailing forum like this one)

I still have a few things on my to do list. I want to remove the Flow Master Duals that are on it...it sounds like crap if you ask me. Stock is good for me.
Want new wheels and tires, need AT's on it but want to keep stock 15" size
I broke the steering column covers trying to fix another "squeak"
Driver's seat heater only works on back not seat
Drivers seat needs new cushion
debating on a 2" lift

I do have a few gremlins I could use some help on and I will start a new topic on those in the right section after searching.

Anywho sorry for the long arse intro....looking forward to jumping in here. This Pathy sure does drive differently than my F250 Diesel. But its fun and I like it.

Cheers

RollingRock

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”