New Battery

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

admiral

New Battery

Postby admiral » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:34 pm

So this Thursday my battery died after I was messing around with the homelink. I give it a jump and take the pathy to autozone because where I had replaced the OEM battery with. The guy at autozone says that the battery is good and that its my alternator. I was like nope and take it across the street to advance auto parts and have them check it there too. They say its the battery. So I wait till Saturday to go back to autozone to get my battery replaced. But I have to get the pro-rated warranty (no big deal). The guy helping me had to ask his manager for permission to replace by battery. The guy checked it and as per his manager had to check my trucks starting system. Guess what there was nothing wrong with my alternator and I got a new battery. Has any of you guys had problems like this to get your warranty honored by any auto parts store?

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:12 pm

I used to work for Autozone, not sure what the deal was with that employee or store. I was a manager and if the battery tested bad, it was swapped. No questions asked. Not every employee is ASE certified at Autozone, very few are. It was a good thing you went and had a 2nd opinion.

Samech

Re: New Battery

Postby Samech » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:56 pm

admiral wrote:So this Thursday my battery died after I was messing around with the homelink. I give it a jump and take the pathy to autozone because where I had replaced the OEM battery with. The guy at autozone says that the battery is good and that its my alternator. I was like nope and take it across the street to advance auto parts and have them check it there too. They say its the battery. So I wait till Saturday to go back to autozone to get my battery replaced. But I have to get aftermarket parts the pro-rated warranty (no big deal). The guy helping me had to ask his manager for permission to replace by battery. The guy checked it and as per his manager had to check my trucks starting system. Guess what there was nothing wrong with my alternator and I got a new battery. Has any of you guys had problems like this to get your warranty honored by any auto parts store?
This is common problem which customers deals while taking warranty. not a big deal

admiral

Postby admiral » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:50 pm

Thanks guys I sorted vented there for a bit.

Return to “R51 Electrical”