Side step vs rock slider

You gotta Love these old VG30E/i powered beasts, raw truck DNA to the core.

Moderator: volvite

N2mesnob

Side step vs rock slider

Postby N2mesnob » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:45 am

So I recently decided to finally take care of the surface rust on my (95' WD21) side steps and get them powder coated. Well looks like I should have left well enough alone. The driver side step turned out to be worst than first thought.
It was rusted through and every time the wielder tried to patch it jus kept getting worst. So now I’m stuck trying to find a good OEM driver side step or a bolt on aftermarket rock sliders. I checked out Shrockworks and some other site that I found in doing my search but Shrockworks and the other site does not offer one for WD21. I check 4x4parts.com and Rugged Rocks also and no joy. I may have a lead on an OEM side step but I'm thinking rock sliders would be better especially if I was to get another side step I would still need to pay to get it powder coated.
So my question, is there anyone who knows where i can find a good set of bolt on rock sliders for my 95' WD21?

ezlife

Postby ezlife » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:40 pm

Just a thought. How about having the welder put some support beams on your oem and rhino line them instead of powder coating. Won't last forever but it should buy you a year or so until you find or build what you want.

Return to “1986-1995 Pathfinder (WD21)”