Hood Protector: does it work?

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

Zen_master

Hood Protector: does it work?

Postby Zen_master » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:45 am

Just wondering if anyone has applied a hood protector to their Pathfinder. I swear, despite not tailgating and also doing my best not to be in the same lane as dumptrucks or flatbeds I am somehow a magnet for rocks and stones getting kicked up on my vehicle's hood and windshield.

Maybe it's just the fact my 'Finder is black and a coat of chalky white wax reveals all the little nicks in the hood. Either way I am considering an OEM hood protector.

Does anyone know if these actually work? If you haven't used them on your Pathfinder did you have much luck on a previous vehicle?

http://parts.nissanusa.com/nissanParts/ ... yIntids%3D

eieio
Sponsored Member

Re: Hood Protector: does it work?

Postby eieio » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:32 am

Zen_master wrote:Just wondering if anyone has applied a hood protector to their Pathfinder. I swear, despite not tailgating and also doing my best not to be in the same lane as dumptrucks or flatbeds I am somehow a magnet for rocks and stones getting kicked up on my vehicle's hood and windshield.

Maybe it's just the fact my 'Finder is black and a coat of chalky white wax reveals all the little nicks in the hood. Either way I am considering an OEM hood protector.

Does anyone know if these actually work? If you haven't used them on your Pathfinder did you have much luck on a previous vehicle?
i've had the protectors on both R51s since new.
they definitely work!
my OEM hood protector was cracked by a rock that most certainly would have damaged either my hood or windscreen or both, which would have cost far more to repair than a replacement hood protector did.

hjwd1

Postby hjwd1 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:40 pm

Love mine, but the engineering on the install leaves a little to be desired... the plastic insert/screws can be a pain.

Oly 22

Postby Oly 22 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:30 pm

Had the Nissan hood deflector thrown in, when I bought the Pathy. Not one chip on the hood, definitatley works. Now the bumper is a different story.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:15 am

I had the Nissan deflector on my Hardbody and now I have one on my 06 Pathfinder. They definitely save the front of the hood from chips. I also agree that it was a real pain as far as installation (on the Pathy), but I'd rather have one with screws than an aftermarket deflector that only used two-side tape.

nismofan

Postby nismofan » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:59 am

Definitely a hood deflector works. I had one on my previous truck. It helps protect my hood from bugs, rocks and small debris.

Calicajun

Postby Calicajun » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:00 am

Good to hear, I was thinking about getting one for the hood along with the ones for the side windows too.

Heisenberg

Postby Heisenberg » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:06 am

Bought the Pathfinder used, as a "bush-beater" so I'm not too concerned about dings and chips. (If you saw the latest "tree-branch pin striping" from the weekend you would likely cringe :oops: )

Our other vehicle is an '07 Passat wagon. I've owned it since new and had the dealer install the 3M clear-bra adhesive film. It's held up great for 220000 km.

Just another option...

H.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:09 am

Clear bras are great. I had one on my 01 Acura RSX. That thing was amazing.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”