Bose Stereo and Media Upgrades

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

Tincup

Bose Stereo and Media Upgrades

Postby Tincup » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:06 pm

I have a 2010 Pathfinder SE with Nav and the Bose sound system. I visited my dealer to see if there were any firmware upgrades for the entertainment system. I was shocked to hear that Nissan has not updated the firmware for the whole media system to address the limited Bluetooth compatibility with phones.
Are there really no updates for this system in 3 years?

Serpens

Postby Serpens » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:19 pm

Don't hold your breath for one. It's not normal procedure for car companies to continuously update car media platforms. They provide map updates and that's about it.

Tincup

Updates

Postby Tincup » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:48 am

I have a Chrysler with their MYGIG unit and they have updates every year. That is why is am so disappointed with this unit. As a software engineer I know that their are bugs and updates that would take care of the Bluetooth limits with the Verizon phones. The same unit was used from 2009-2012.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:10 am

Yes, dodge seems to be the rarity with that system. It seems to be a pretty good setup as well, but i'm not aware of any other system that has more than just Map updates available. I've also never updated the Maps in any of my vehicles with the OEM NAV....90% of the time I use my phone for Nav anyway but I like the big display screen that comes with Nav.

Return to “R51 Electrical”