Suspension Lift? 2003 LE

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

BobbyD

Suspension Lift? 2003 LE

Postby BobbyD » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:11 pm

I'm looking to lift my 2003 Pathfinder moderately (2 to 3 inches) and increase the tire size. I'm currently using 245/65R17.

The running boards are connected to the frame, it would look stupid if I did a body lift. Some shop informed me I wouldn't be able to pursue a suspension lift, and the only lift kit they found was 4 inches.

I'd love to fit some size 33's on it. I'm just looking to beef it up a bit. I ski and fish, but not excessively and this is more me just wanting to beef it up.

Any suggestions? Has anyone ever lifted this model? I'm not mechanically inclined, just looking for advice. I'm in Seattle....

colinnwn

Postby colinnwn » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:15 pm

There are 2 different suspension spring lift kits for this truck, Old Man Emu ~1.5 inches and Automotive Customizers ~2 inches. You can also do strut spacers in the front, but that doesn't lift the back, and is only worth doing if your lift kit ends up having the back look taller than the front.

You can run 33s with some fender cutting after the lift. I didn't want to do that, so I think I am running 245/65s as well.

I used the Automotive Customizers kit and here is my experience.
http://colinnwn.blogspot.com/2007/12/in ... -2001.html

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”