Front Stabilizer bar links - MOOG K80470/1

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

vr446

Front Stabilizer bar links - MOOG K80470/1

Postby vr446 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:12 pm

I just received my front and rear links from rockauto and I always inspect my parts to make sure the correct items were shipped.

Right off the bat I noticed one box is slimmer than the others.
The front set of links P/N: K80470 & K80471 is the set that is different, the Front Left K80470 box is packaged in slimmer box. So I opened the 2 boxes to compare and the dust boots are different. The Front Right K80471 has a larger boot and the lower metal seat portion of it is larger as well - overall heftier than the Front Left K80470. Another difference is the Front Left one is channeled on the sides of the base of the threaded lug so an open end wrench can fit around it to tighten, where as the Front Right does not - both have hexed tops so an Allen key can be inserted.

Just seems odd to me that they would not be identically the same in size.
Any one experience this, is this normal?
Should I be concerned?
Did they send me the wrong part?
I want to avoid taking it all apart to find that it is wrong

Thanks

ShipFixer

Postby ShipFixer » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:33 pm

It was normal for me. Those are the only "left" and "right" part numbers so apparently it is.

The links themselves, or the forged steel parts were identical though. It's just the boots and grease seals that looked different.

vr446

Postby vr446 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:41 am

Hmmm, I'm at work now but will post pics of the 2 when I can. I kinda remember the forged steel bits being different in size as well, not diameter but in depth. It was late and maybe I was imagining it

thanks for the reply

slavabon

Postby slavabon » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:58 pm

I had a set of moog links installed last year and one of them wore out in just 8 months. It started clunking, so I whet back to OEM units. I know that moog makes good stuff, maybe I just happened to get a defective one. From what I can tell - water and dirt got inside the boot, wearing our the joint in a matter of a few months...

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”