FJ Cruiser...another one bites the dust

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

FJ Cruiser...another one bites the dust

Postby NVSteve » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:33 pm

I feel like I'm beating a dead horse on this one, as I've reported this before. But, this time there is official word from Toyota that 2014 will be the last model year for the FJ in the US. They will still be shipped off to other parts of the world, much like all the other Nissan models that never made it here.

The SUV crowd is getting smaller and smaller. I'd hate to think that Jeep will end up being the sole entry, but I'm now wondering if that might actually be the case.

akley88

Postby akley88 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:42 pm

the 4runner is still a true suv.

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:03 pm

GCC is a huge market for the FJ cause of its offroad capabilities (on sand at least).

also people here are tending to go more and more towards pickups- F150s, Rams, Sierras, Titans as the last real 4x4s...

Zen_master

Re: FJ Cruiser...another one bites the dust

Postby Zen_master » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:54 pm

NVSteve wrote:I feel like I'm beating a dead horse on this one, as I've reported this before. But, this time there is official word from Toyota that 2014 will be the last model year for the FJ in the US. They will still be shipped off to other parts of the world, much like all the other Nissan models that never made it here.

The SUV crowd is getting smaller and smaller. I'd hate to think that Jeep will end up being the sole entry, but I'm now wondering if that might actually be the case.
I always viewed the FJ Cruiser as too expensive for its target market. Essentially it was competing with the Wrangler market as a go-anywhere, do-anything vehicle option. I saw somewhere top of the line FJs listed for nearly $40,000.

Granted newer Wranglers have escalated in price, particularly the 4-door model. For me though, if I'm going to drop $40,000+ I want a luxury vehicle more so than something I can tie a surfboard to.

Return to “General Automotive”