Black or beige interior?

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

Frogger

Black or beige interior?

Postby Frogger » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:08 pm

Which color do you chose and why?

RacerZX
Site Admin

Postby RacerZX » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:55 pm

I had Beige cloth, it was highly unwise, my rear end is regularly far too dirty for that :-P. My 2008 V8 is black /w red leather, love it, don't know WTF I was thinking before... :P

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:07 pm

Problem with black is it gets too hot in the summer time. Problem with beige is that it shows all the dirt.

leadpig

Postby leadpig » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:11 pm

I have the dark cloth interior. Didn't want it originally because it's hot down here, but I'm fine with it now and it was all I could find in the sv trim. The difference on a hot day between my wife's versa (also black interior) and the pathy is huge, I think the insulation in the roof is much better maybe? The tint is probably darker too, and certainly in motion the ac in the pathy is way better. If presented with the same choice again I'd definitely stick with the darker one to hide the dirt better.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:09 am

I have the tan cloth as well mainly because I really like tan interior. I'm not a big fan of leather and being able to get a well equipped model with cloth was a big selling point for me. It has held up very well now approaching 100k miles. I have one stain that I believe is a small pen mark in the back. The front seat has looked like the side stitching is coming loose for a couple years but it's never gotten worse.

XVTer

Postby XVTer » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:53 am

I could go either way on it - When I ordered my Xterra in '06, I went with the desert/graphite which is brown and dark grey. I loved the look of that. I don't have a good pic handy but this gives you an idea of what it looked like.

Saying that, We had light tan leather in my wife's XC90 and it showed dirt really easily - plus, our dog is black so his hair would show easily on the carpeting.

When we went with the Pathfinder, we decided to go with the dark grey interior and I like this as well. I have been really happy with the Nissan interior colors.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:47 am

I only had 2 options on my SE-OR: leather (not sure which color), and the blue-ish cloth. I went with the cloth because I can't stand leather/fake leather & I needed the front passenger seat to fold fairly flat-couldn't do that with the leather option.

Frogger

Postby Frogger » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:17 pm

Im partial to the black leather. With using it on the weekends as a work truck and the black lab, i need to hide as much dirt as possible

nismofan

Postby nismofan » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:21 am

I also prefer black leather. A good conditioner like Meguiar's or Lexol can really protect it from fading and cracking.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”