Fuel injectors blue dot / black dot

You gotta Love these old VG30E/i powered beasts, raw truck DNA to the core.

Moderator: volvite

winndixie21

Fuel injectors blue dot / black dot

Postby winndixie21 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:16 am

1992 3.0 VG PF

Can anyone tell me the difference between blue dot and black dot fuel injectors ?
And say you have a black set, if you wanted to change them all out for a blue set can they be used like that ?

I understand maybe the difference is in the spray pattern !? And I have heard you can't mix match colors but you could change out the full set from one color to another !?

Any input would be appreciated

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:03 pm

Nissan also has green, yellow and blue dot fuel injectors, all refer to the color of the paint dot on the injector. Nissan has made several different spray patterns for their fuel injectors and the color of the dot helps identify the type of pattern the fuel injector has. If you are replacing less than a full set of fuel injectors, then you should match the new injectors to those installed in the engine. If you are replacing the full set of injectors, then it doesn't matter much which color dot injector you use, so long as they are all the same.

winndixie21

Thanks

Postby winndixie21 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:09 am

Thanks for all your help and knowledge smj999smj... I got the injector rail changed out and all is well.
You have been a great help with my first Nissan experience.. Thanks again

Return to “1986-1995 Pathfinder (WD21)”