Climate temperature difference. 08 Se

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

Sf49168

Climate temperature difference. 08 Se

Postby Sf49168 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:11 am

My climate control seems to be acting up. At times I can put on 70 and heat will come out , than others it will blow cold. Another example is I put on 80 and I get heat , turn it up to 90 and gets hotter but when I go back to 80 its cold. I was told by a mechanic it could be the blend door actuator

Anyone else have issues like this ? I am actually taking it to the dealer tomorrow for them to check it , they told me they have to take it apart to actually see if it is the blend door

I'm hoping it is , since its covered by my extended Warrenty.

Thanks

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:25 am

Let me know what you find out, it sounds similar to what mine has been doing for the last two years. I personally think it's the temp/climate sensor.

I usually run mine at 78 in the summer...although I have to move it around all the time. When you first start it will blow full-force (which it should for awhile.....) until you're freezing to death and the only way to get it to stop blowing like that is to up to 85+ and the fan/temp will finally level off. Then I have to slowly turn it down to 75-78 to keep it cool. Do a quick restart and it again tries to freeze you out until you raise the temp and repeat the process. There are also times it acts normal and I have to lower the temp to a more reasonable 72 to stay comfortable. It seems to really depend on if it's sunny or not so I have to wonder if it's the dash sensor. Most systems like this will blow a little harder when the sun is shining. Overall if it's overcast or in the mornings/night it acts far more normal.

In the winter it's kind of the opposite. There are times I have to turn it up to 80 to stay comfortable but then it just suddenly will start to blow full-force and boil me so I have to go to 65 to get it to stop blowing like crazy. Probably the only thing I don't like about my Pathfinder so I'd be pretty happy if I knew exactly what needed fixed. Most of these sensors are $100/each so i've not been anxious to just start throwing parts at it.

I did take it to the dealer when it was under warranty but of course they couldn't reproduce the problem.

Sf49168

Postby Sf49168 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:31 am

I will advise and see what they say. Luckily when I took to dealer for something else last week , a mechanic say the issue so they can't say to me it's ok. I made sure he knew what I was talking about

Can't trust the dealers ....

Calicajun

Postby Calicajun » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:38 am

Same problem here with climate control system. Took the PF into the dealer and they said Nissan told them this is normal and there is no fix required.

DanJetta

Postby DanJetta » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:20 pm

A service manager told me this is a common complaint and the only fix is to buy a German car. He was kidding but not really. He gave me a long explanation which basically came down to it being poorly designed.

In an attempt to be competitive, Nissan gave the LE a bunch of features. To keep the price down, they threw those features in as cheaply as possible. Some things still leave me scratching my head, like the ultra-cheap pleather.

Sf49168

Postby Sf49168 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:22 pm

Actually the mechanic who quickly looked at my truck said the same thing as they all have issues with this feature.

Going tomorrow for dealer to look at it further and will post after

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:13 pm

I don't know. I have a 2006 LE and my friend has a 2008 SE, both with climate control, and they both work fine. Guess I need to knock on wood before I jinx myself!

Sf49168

Postby Sf49168 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:19 pm

Well I got the call from the dealer yesterday 3 hours after I drooped it off And they told me( service dept guy ) the reason it was soon this because my incabin sensor ( by right knee of driver , little slotted part next to radio ) was clogged with dandelion seeds n fuzz type material and it was all cleaned out ready to be picked up and works fine

I get there ( they didn't charge me ) And service guy says let's take a walk and see I in action ... We go , blows warm at 78 , I try 74& 72 blows cool air. Alot cooler than 72 or 74 should be .... We go up to 80 ( little warmer but doesn't feel like 80 ). He brings out his infared thermometer ad it's reading 88. So I said his unit has to be broken ..... I turned it to 90 and it was scorching hot. Now something doesn't make sense

Mechanic who worked on my truck comes out and says he didn't find any error codes and did clean alot out of the sensor. So I was telling him I still was having issues and when I explained what was happening the reply I got was ( of no one told me this ) Etc. so apparently dealers employee don't talk to wag other and explain what is going on , they only rely in what machine says when you plug into it. Anyway .... After i told service guy it still doesn't make sense to me why it blows got at 74 one day and next day cold at 74 he told me I can leave the car because they thought it was fixed and since I wasn't happy they will look at it further ... I complained and they sent me a senior tech .....

He basically said the whole unit is in auto mode without being turned into auto mode. So if cabin is 78 and I want 74. The heat isn't really going to be blowing heat as it will be a little cooler to reach the 74. It also goes by what outside temp is vs in cabin etc. he said how the whole system operates is shit. ( without actually saying it ) so after all this all I know is my sensor was clogged n I didn't get charged. Lets see what happens and my next call will be consumer affairs.

akley88

Postby akley88 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:48 am

not to sound like an ass but consumer affairs will have no effect. this is one reason i do not like temperature selectors in cars. mine with the blue and red lines works great. no issues with cold air when i want hot and no hot when i want cold. ive never been in any car that with one that works well, even german cars.

nurselori02

Postby nurselori02 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:03 pm

I am currently having this same problem with my 2010 pathfinder sometimes at 78 its warm other times it feels as cold as 60 with AC on. Right now I only get heat when I have the temp set manually to 90 other wise its luke warm or cold from 88 down. I also can sometimes get heat a 78-84 temp range but after driving for a bit it suddenly turns cold. I really love my pathfinder but I live in upstate NY (think frozen tundra -30 below) and I really need a car that can be warm not just boiling hot.

if anyone has heard any other news on this I would be greatly appreciate it. I have it going in monday to look at and yes I have already checked coolant and burped the system still with no luck :(

mypath

Postby mypath » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:35 am

Same as the above ..and no fix :cry:

nexus_7

Postby nexus_7 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:26 pm

Worst hvhc system EVER! I really hate my 08 le just for that reason. I love the truck, but comon now.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:42 pm

I've been running mine in manual mode the last few weeks and it seems to be more manageable. I still have to move the temp around and obviously the fan speed, but it's not nearly as annoying as auto.

guppda

Postby guppda » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:02 am

Does this happen when your moving or sitting still? I have an 05 that will blow hot air when moving but when you come to a stop it turns cold. Start moving again and it goes back to hot.

This is the second winter that this has happened to my truck and the first time the dealer fixed it. They told me that there is a motor in the mid to back of the truck that moves the coolant to the heater core or whatever and that had gone bad. He said that gravity was helping when I was moving but when I stop the coolant cant make it back all the way so the air turns cold.

Anyone else had this kind of problem and if so do you know what the part is that's needed to fix it and how hard it would be to do yourself?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:09 pm

There is a part called a "heater pump" mounted near the center of the firewall that seems to be problematic for some. I always thought is was just an electric heater cock valve, but maybe there's more to it?

Return to “R51 Electrical”