2008 - Rear cargo cover (not available in Canada)

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

wpgtibook

2008 - Rear cargo cover (not available in Canada)

Postby wpgtibook » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:31 pm

That's what the local dealer said. Anyone with a part number, or suggestions?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:49 pm

It's not available in North America. At one time it was available for the 2005, but it's been discontinued and the price was so high that it was ridiculous, anyway. They do offer one for the R51 in Australia, but Nissan won't ship them to the USA and shipping costs would be astronomical, anyway. I remember a while back that some were working on converting the cargo shade from the Xterra over to the Pathfinder, but I don't recall how that went. IIRC, the Xterra shade was running around $65.

Npath

Postby Npath » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:52 am

smj999smj wrote:It's not available in North America. At one time it was available for the 2005, but it's been discontinued and the price was so high that it was ridiculous, anyway. They do offer one for the R51 in Australia, but Nissan won't ship them to the USA and shipping costs would be astronomical, anyway. I remember a while back that some were working on converting the cargo shade from the Xterra over to the Pathfinder, but I don't recall how that went. IIRC, the Xterra shade was running around $65.
If interested, you can shop around Home Depot for parts and make one yourself. Last I saw, they had vinyl pull down shades. Thought about it, but didn't bother.

leadpig

Postby leadpig » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:24 pm

If interested, you can shop around Home Depot for parts and make one yourself. Last I saw, they had vinyl pull down shades. Thought about it, but didn't bother.
I tried that with some leftover vinyl fabric (not a blind) and it proved to be hard as hell to get the tension right, so hard I gave up! I had some elastic cord and hooks to link to the tie downs behind the seat. The other end was glued to a dowel that fit in the notches by the tailgate, but my design was woefully inadequate. I spent a few hours dicking about with it over the course of a weekend... then bought a cheap black blanket, which I keep in the back and cover stuff if I need. With the pretty dark factory tint back there it is hard to see in. A blind might work better, what with it having a more stable fixed line of tension behind the seats than my two tie-down points at the corners, but if I recall there's a tale of woe with that solution elsewhere on the forum.

wpgtibook

Postby wpgtibook » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:06 pm

Thanks for the info. This has to be the STRANGEST thing I have every heard of. A modern vehicle that does NOT have a cargo cover.

I am going to chat with a custom place, to see if they can build something OR look at folks from the expedition world, see if anyone has built something.

I have to say, my Volvo was the easiest thing to find and order (albeit not the cheapest)!

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:13 pm

here's my post on the matter.

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=6925

i used a vinyl pull down. the first attempt with the 6mil and that didn't work out so well. however since moving to the 12mil it's worked great. going on what, a year and a half now?

leadpig

Postby leadpig » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:21 am

doctahjones wrote:i used a vinyl pull down. the first attempt with the 6mil and that didn't work out so well. however since moving to the 12mil it's worked great. going on what, a year and a half now?
I've found I haven't missed it as much as I thought I might. I seem to have either all 7 seats up, all seats down or 5 seats and a dog guard most of the time and switch between those regularly; a cover would spend more time out than in. It was your travails I remembered, doctah, glad you got something to work.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”