2006 Pathfinder Fog lights

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

JP1548

2006 Pathfinder Fog lights

Postby JP1548 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:36 am

I have a 2006 S that came with the cutouts for fog lights, but no lights. Is it possible to punch out the cut outs, and install lights ? If so, has anyone ever done this?

Thanks.

Npath

Re: 2006 Pathfinder Fog lights

Postby Npath » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:49 am

JP1548 wrote:I have a 2006 S that came with the cutouts for fog lights, but no lights. Is it possible to punch out the cut outs, and install lights ? If so, has anyone ever done this?

Thanks.
I think they're all pre-wired. What you'll have to do to make the job easier is jack up the front end and remove the tires. You'll need a philips screwdriver to pull back the inner fender. From there, you should see the wires.

slavabon

Postby slavabon » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:54 pm

No need to raise the front and removing the wheels - just turn the wheels to access the area, remove 4 screws holding the front of the fender liner ( two on the bottom and two on the side and peel the liner out of the way to access the fog light area from the back. You can by puny the kit and plug it (its prewired), but you may need a new light switch/stalk, unless you already have one with fog light option.

JP1548

Postby JP1548 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:55 am

Thanks. I'll give it a shot and we will see how it goes.

cgray

Postby cgray » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:21 pm

If you don't have a switch on the steering stalk you could just use a relay connected to the low beams and have them come on whenever your low beams are on. That could simplify things and avoid running wires into the cabin.

JP1548

Postby JP1548 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:01 am

Well, I have yet to begin this update. I did however pull back the wheel well liner and look inside. I can see where/how to remove the fog light hole plugs, but the wiring doesnt appear to be there. I believe someone on here somewhere said they were prewired. I have found the OEM fog lights online ranging from $85 - $200. At this point Im not quite sure what to do. I was hoping to just buy them, plug them in and go. Anyone know how complicated this wiring will be? Could I be getting in over my head?

silverpath

Postby silverpath » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:49 am

JP1548 wrote:Well, I have yet to begin this update. I did however pull back the wheel well liner and look inside. I can see where/how to remove the fog light hole plugs, but the wiring doesnt appear to be there. I believe someone on here somewhere said they were prewired. I have found the OEM fog lights online ranging from $85 - $200. At this point Im not quite sure what to do. I was hoping to just buy them, plug them in and go. Anyone know how complicated this wiring will be? Could I be getting in over my head?
as cgray mentioned above, if you do not have the switch on/off on your signal indicator/headlight stalk by the steering, then it would not be plug and play. You would have to either wire seperately with it's own switch in the cabin, or tie it in to your low beams. Good luck with the upgrade.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”