'05 Pathy air bag module....where, how

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

FRD1952

'05 Pathy air bag module....where, how

Postby FRD1952 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:57 pm

Dealer says the code for the blinking air bag lite is a bum module that controls the air bag system, and wants ~ $2,500 to replace it (says it is inside the passenger seat back & need whole new seat back w/ module.

Can anybody verify this is correct ? Suggest any alternatives ? Can you buy the module (from a parts place) and go up inside the leather seat back and replace it ? Can you buy a seat at a junk yard (hoping the module is in there & good) and just do a seat swap ?

Looking for help and ideas please....thanks.

FRD

BigEz

Postby BigEz » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:32 pm

Did you look here? It may help.
There may also be a way to jump it so the airbag is always on?... well something I would Do, before spend big bucks, ..but not recommended.

Seat parts: http://alturl.com/ketc7

FRD1952

Thanks, but...

Postby FRD1952 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:10 pm

Yeah a jumper would be nice if the dang thing was not tied to a box somewhere that lets it know when to blow the bags I am pretty sure. That is the box I am looking for. Do not see one inside the passenger seat back like the guy told me at the dealership. I do not believe anybody would put something like that in there. Thanx for the lead on parts and diagrams tho.

Maybe that is the box underneath the driver seat ? If so, not sure what it is called or how much it costs, or can it be repaired if that is my issue. $2500 sure seems high, like a dealer, to me.

Anybody know for sure where the dang thing is, what it is called, a p/n, approx cost, etc. ?

Thanks.

BigEz

Postby BigEz » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:06 am

I'm betting it has something to do with weight on the seat. Mine has a light that says passenger AB disabled if I just have my camera bag on seat, but with a passenger, I don't get it. Most likely sensor in seat cushion & back rest.
The junk yard seat might be an alternative...as it doesn't seem to be a common issue, or it would be on the boards more.

Good luck FRD1952

FRD1952

Dealer read the code...all airbags will NOT work ?

Postby FRD1952 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:26 pm

Dealer says it is the side air bag module in the shoulder side of the driver seat that is not working and throwing the air bag lite to blink on the dash.

I am thinking about the junk yard option, and wonder if all seats have the side air bags or was this an option ?

Also questioning the dealer service guy saying that NONE of the airbags will work in a crash if that lite on the dash is blinking....even tho it seems like that driver side airbag in the seat back/side is the problem area. Anybody out there can confirm if the dealer is correct or blowing smoke ?

Is this module an electric "box" that could be replaced if I open up the seat back, or is it not removable....seems like messing with the airbags could be tricky unless the box just plugs and plays with the bag in the seat back/side itself ?

Thanks,

BigEz

Postby BigEz » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:30 am

Came across this link from another discussion... might help lead you to the correct item. http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Pathfinder/ ... der/se.pdf

Ohh.. and this: http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Pathfinder/ ... SENSOR.pdf

Return to “R51 Electrical”