welp, bought a 99 jeep wranger

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

doctahjones

welp, bought a 99 jeep wranger

Postby doctahjones » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:07 am

i still have my pathy....

but the wife has a new s60, but it's fwd. when she got it, she wasn't planning on us moving to denver.

so instead of trying to deal with trading her car in, i figured might as well use that "lost" money and buy a cheap jeep.

dealer wanted 10,988 (are you sh*tting me?!?!). got it for 5500. it's a 99 sport, 5spd, 4.0L. 145k mi, interior is in great shape, engine is dry as a bone.

so now i have to deal with MORE car message boards. :shock: 8)

here's the new kid:

FLiPMaRC

Postby FLiPMaRC » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:38 am

8) Nice!

FLpathFinder

Postby FLpathFinder » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:18 pm

Yup, they want stupid amounts of money for jeeps.

deermjd

Postby deermjd » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:51 am

Can't see the pics at work but it sounds like you got a great deal! I also have a Wrangler, 92 model with the 4.0. It's my offroad toy and nice weather vehicle. Super asy to work on. Check out Jeepforum if you haven't already. It's is a great place for technical advice and how-to's.

canderso

Postby canderso » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:48 pm

More forums, but unlimited amounts of ability to spend money and keep your wallet empty. The aftermarket support, as you already know, is limitless.

Have fun with it. I keep a TJ or an XJ in mind for my son when he is old enough in a couple of years. Though he has his eye on an XTerra or Frontier.

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:40 pm

canderso wrote:More forums, but unlimited amounts of ability to spend money and keep your wallet empty. The aftermarket support, as you already know, is limitless.

Have fun with it. I keep a TJ or an XJ in mind for my son when he is old enough in a couple of years. Though he has his eye on an XTerra or Frontier.

yeah no doubt on the aftermarket/upgradeability. nothing against nissans and i still LOVE my pathy, but man there's so many things to choose from.

just got some "new" rubber on it today. the tires i got it with literally had 0 tread. went to "mexican" tire shop (the cash kind) and got 4 bfg at's installed for $250 (~$62 a tire installed!). 2 of the tires are probably 80%, the other two are probably 40-50% and one looks like it was on a misaligned front. but, they're 100x better than what was on it. just need something to get me through at least one winter, and i think this will do it.

here's a better pic of her

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:08 pm

got the hoist up today. originally i was using a come-a-long...and that got old real quick. picked up a 220/440lb hoist from harbor freight. so glad i did, just wish i would have done it in the first place, rather than dick'in around with a manual setup.

and the pathy fits right underneath :)

canderso

Postby canderso » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:25 pm

Cool setup with the hardtop lift in the garage. Before I scrolled down to see those pics I was about to make a smart comment about the tire shop taking your doors and roof :D

Good luck with the Jeep. I have several times picked up slightly used tires off of Craigslist. Plenty of people "upgrading" from factory wheels sell wheels and tires cheap. Works for me, with my stock stuff in the past. Although, not sure I will be so lucky looking for a set of 33" tires for the Path.

cgray

Postby cgray » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:27 pm

I like the new ride! It will be interesting to see how it does on the trails compared to the Rubicon with the shorter wheelbase. I am free this weekend if you want to go exploring.

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:20 am

thanks!

i'd love to go, but we're headed to ATL for my uncle's memorial. maybe in the next week or two.

i'm also out the 2nd week in july, going back to DAL to oversee the changeover of network/sip providers for a company i consult with.

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:22 pm

now with plastidip'd wheels! i like it much better that way. did a really crappy job this time though, but it will do for now.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:07 pm

I like the black circles on the driveway. Ha ha. Jeep looks good.

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:51 pm

had some fun with her today...not sure i could do this in my pathy...

Zen_master

Postby Zen_master » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:59 pm

If you're looking for aftermarket parts I've found the folks over at Quadratec to be the most educated on Jeep offerings. Not saying you have to buy from them but check out their product offering and use the live chat to find the right application. They offer OEM products too.

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:13 pm

Zen_master wrote:If you're looking for aftermarket parts I've found the folks over at Quadratec to be the most educated on Jeep offerings. Not saying you have to buy from them but check out their product offering and use the live chat to find the right application. They offer OEM products too.

ohhhh i've bought alot of stuff from them already :)

and they send me a damn catalog EVERY TIME i order something....i do alot of one-off orders so i have like 6 catalogs.....

Return to “General Automotive”