winter tire opinions. who has used these tires

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

festerfm

winter tire opinions. who has used these tires

Postby festerfm » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:40 pm

i recently went to the junkyard and got a set of wheels to mount some snow tires on. i have the size figured out - 235/70-16.. the question is, which snow tire have you guys used and what is your opinion on "bang for the buck" and winter performance. i plan on putting them on maybe a day or 2 b4 the first snow of the year in northeast pa and they will prob stay on til mid march. the tires i am looking at now are:

pacemark snowtrakkers. i had a set of these on spare wheels for my 97 rodeo and i am kicking myself for selling them with the rodeo since i found out that they will fit from my 97 rodeo onto my 02 pf. i liked them. from tirebuyer.com they are just under 100/each shipped. thats b4 tax and installation

hankook dynapro ipike RW07.. my local kost dealer is pushing me toward these. he wants $115/each installed and it comes with a free alignment. i personally think they dont look "meaty" enough for me.

mastercraft courser msr... another local tire shop is pushing toward these. they look like a pretty badass a/t tire but i am not sure of it's snow and ice capabilities. he wants 117/each and that includes lifetime rotation and roadhazard.

firestone winterforce.... on tirebuyer.com they are 100/each shipped and look rather interesting. the price is right but i cant really find many reviews that make any sense on it. i almost had a set of them on my rodeo but ordered them in 265/75-16 and my 15yr old suspension said they wouldnt fit so the local guy traded me for 2 snowtrakkers and i bought 2 more snowtrakkers.

those are really the only ones i have thought about but i am open to suggestions! i'm hoping to get some feedback from ppl who have used these tires. my driving consists of prob 80% pavement, 15% dirt road, 5% offroad. the only offroad will be done during hunting season where i will tow a trailor with my quad up a mountain trail. i live on a dirt road and need to be able to get out whenever i need to. i also like to go out when it's snowing really good and pull ppl out of ditches. any input on these tires or any others is greatly appreciated!

Return to “General Automotive”