OME Suspension Upgrade FINISHED

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

Fofiddy

Postby Fofiddy » Fri May 09, 2008 11:40 am

This time I let Firestone do it. I did the rest myself but when it's come to time lately I just couldn't squeeze it in. I figured the location I could do the work at was just to far to drive with the alignment as out of whack as it would be.
$360 later, I sort of regret I hadn't but after seeing all that green takes the sting out of dumping all that green into it.

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Mon May 03, 2010 9:37 am

It's been a while now since most of you have done your installs. Is anyone still having any issues with their alignment?

Any more settling or are your original measurments still the same?
After running the OME for a while is the rear ending up at +1.5 or +2.0 inches? Seems like there is some mixed results.

(I'm mostly concerned with the rear end as I have the adjustable Bilsteins for the front end. I'm going to set the front based off of the rear so any settling would be nice to know in advance.)

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Fri May 21, 2010 8:57 pm

I've started my project.

Here's the new thread.

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=3417

jakevinton

OME Front End Bottoming Out

Postby jakevinton » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:43 pm

I just put on the OME lift this weekend on my 05. I decided to go with the longer springs up front even though I don't have any extra weight up front. I wanted the vehicle to sit more level rather than at a rake. There are times that the front end bottoms out driving around town. I am wondering if anyone else has this issue with or without the longer front springs.

jspare

Re: OME Front End Bottoming Out

Postby jspare » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:48 pm

jakevinton wrote:I just put on the OME lift this weekend on my 05. I decided to go with the longer springs up front even though I don't have any extra weight up front. I wanted the vehicle to sit more level rather than at a rake. There are times that the front end bottoms out driving around town. I am wondering if anyone else has this issue with or without the longer front springs.
This thread is about 9 years old and the last reply was 6 years ago lol

Thupertrooper

Re: OME Front End Bottoming Out

Postby Thupertrooper » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:05 am

jakevinton wrote:I just put on the OME lift this weekend on my 05. I decided to go with the longer springs up front even though I don't have any extra weight up front. I wanted the vehicle to sit more level rather than at a rake. There are times that the front end bottoms out driving around town. I am wondering if anyone else has this issue with or without the longer front springs.
Bottoms out or the upper control arms hit the coil bucket?

jakevinton

Postby jakevinton » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:25 pm

That is a great question and I haven't driven since you asked but just checked and I am going to say it is not the upper control arms hitting the coil bucket. I am going to watch the Prescott Rally this weekend. I will try to get a tire up in the air and see if I can determine what limits the downward travel.

Thupertrooper

Postby Thupertrooper » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:15 am

With new lift suspension up front we get uca contact with the coilbucket.

That could be the issue might need some new uca

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”