P1757 TRANS SLIPPING.IN (R51) (5TA) 2008 PATH LE 4X4 2.5 LT

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

PATH2008

P1757 TRANS SLIPPING.IN (R51) (5TA) 2008 PATH LE 4X4 2.5 LT

Postby PATH2008 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:38 pm

Dear ALL
I am so happy to find this Forum full of great feedbacks

I will like to ask you some Q... First will like to tell you what happen to me:

Driving home on Monday after coming back from work, the trans start slipping...you can increase RPMs and trans traction was very slow, also I was worried to get hit by another car in some stop lights... never before that happens to my Pathfinder LE 2008 Turbo Diesel 2.5 Lt 4X4

Anyway, I decide due to the amount of Km (68000 km) already run, to change trans oil & trans filter next day, BTW, Nissan dealer told me path do not have that filter (Service call enter), which was totally wrongs...after I finish changing oil and filter, BTW, oil looks not red, more dark than red...looks to me that Nissan dealer never change it in warranty times

I, get all back together & the trans keep making same fault..slipping and after running some miles, looks like the rest of the shifts were going right, also test techtronics mode to make sure the shifts were working..and was Ok

I find out, that if you put drive and the car get a clung hard the slipping action will come up...BUT, if I turn it off the key and turn on, the car will works as new ...means to me in that moment, that there was an electronic issue more than mechanic. Keep in mind that in reverse the car works good too.

So based on this, I decide to take Path to Nissan Dealer , so they connect the scan Consult II and P1757/SOL FRNO DEL/CIR fault come up... which means Front break Solenoid fault

Talking with my friend in the Nissan Dealer, he told me that Nissan only change the Valve Module completely due to the fact, they do not change solenoids due to take longer time , and is not the court business of the Vendor...
(Local price aprox $USD2500 for the Valve Module)

But he told me that changing solenoid will get fix (FRONT BREAK CONTROL SOLENOID) , so here comes my Q/

Did someone already try that option? Only change Solenoids, not complete valve Module

Can be possible to find in USA that part?,,

I am working to get the solenoid number...but then If I get it, I am not sure if it be possible to change it...My friend in Nissan told me we can do it in the shop if I do not feel fully clear in how to do it.....but need to know from anyone of you, if you have seen those solenoids, if they are plug and play parts that could be pull and just place the new one ..?

I will really appreciate your prompt reply,

..I am really new in this Forum, and not very familiar in how to use the tool 100% BTW, English is not my 1st language, sorry for some verbs issues

BR

Jp

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”