No heat

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

OtterAKL

Postby OtterAKL » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:12 am

disallow wrote:how cold is it where you are at?
Right now it is around 18F but was probably in the low teens to single digits overnight.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:41 am

do you have winter fluid in your washer resevoir? If not, and its frozen that could be why its not working.

As far as the leak goes, make sure the drips you see aren't from spillage when you were filling the tank. Best to see if its leaking when the truck is running, let it run and watch for drips. Automotive antifreeze has a very distinct smell, so you should also be able to smell if there is a leak.

On a 2011, it would be weird to have a coolant leak. Though not impossible.

OtterAKL

Postby OtterAKL » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:48 am

disallow wrote:do you have winter fluid in your washer resevoir? If not, and its frozen that could be why its not working.

As far as the leak goes, make sure the drips you see aren't from spillage when you were filling the tank. Best to see if its leaking when the truck is running, let it run and watch for drips. Automotive antifreeze has a very distinct smell, so you should also be able to smell if there is a leak.

On a 2011, it would be weird to have a coolant leak. Though not impossible.
Thanks. It's for sure a leak. As I said, put down a piece of cardboard and saw the distinct green color and smell.

Also, the windshield washer working again. This is the first time I've filled it (bought it a few months ago) so maybe the guy before me didn't use the winter fluid.

MileHighMschf

Noob with the same issue

Postby MileHighMschf » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:07 am

I have been experiencing the same issue with mine. Refill coolant, and it seems to only work for a short time. I've read that the Pathy has issues with radiators..is this accurate? And possibly the problem with our coolant issue?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:25 am

The big issue with the Pathfinder radiators is an internal leak of the trans fluid cooler inside the bottom tank of the radiator. External leaks of the radiator have been reported a couple of times, but it's a much bigger problem on the Titans and Armada. They have problems with the lower tanks cracking or leaking at the crimp at the lower tank mounting to the core.

MileHighMschf

Postby MileHighMschf » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:52 pm

Thanks for the input..As a noob to the Pathy, its always nice to have help!

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:02 pm

Well, if you have the original radiator and it's an 05-10 model year, you are best off replacing the radiator whether it's leaking or not to avoid the potential ruining of the automatic transmission.

Return to “R51 Electrical”