A/C climate control on steroids!!!

Any topics related to 2005-2012 R51

Moderator: volvite

Zen_master

A/C climate control on steroids!!!

Postby Zen_master » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:53 pm

There are myriad climate control threads on these boards as they relate to the R51. However I have not been able to locate my particular issue.

My A/C system is on steroids. Granted, it beats the opposite -- a weak A/C system, but it is freezing me out and I'm concerned that eventually I'm going to freeze a hole in the evaporator core (never a cheap repair).

Here's what I'm experiencing: I cannot seem to adjust the temp when I run the A/C. It is either on or off. Fan blower speeds work fine. But whether I have the interior temp set to 65 or 85 as long as the A/C is on it is blowing out ice cold air (presumably 60 degrees since setting the temp to 60 does not make it any colder).

Ultimately what I end up doing is manually adjusting by dialing down the fan speed and/or directing the dash vents away from me once I get to cold. Occasionally I will cycle the A/C on and off manually to give myself a break from the cold air but as you might imagine this is annoying.

This is all occurring in a 2011 LE V8.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? One way to sum it up is to say it seems the only A/C temp selection is always set to max cold (60 degrees), regardless of what temp is selected on the climate control display. For the record I am not using the AUTO feature. It's well documented it is a joke in the R51.

Thanks in advance.

Return to “R51 General Chat”