FREE FUEL LEVEL SENDERS

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

ralphwiggums

Postby ralphwiggums » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:46 pm

this is what my bad fuel sender looked like. the teeth/arms make contact with the contacts on the circuit board. the teeth had worn down from moving back and forth (and probably from the gas in the tank)
Last edited by ralphwiggums on Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phoenixd4g

Postby Phoenixd4g » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:50 am

Im am having the same problem. I have 68K on my 07 Pathy

ByPath

Postby ByPath » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:57 am

I spoke to nissan consumer affairs and they said my vin does not fall in the recall....but I have fuel guage issues as well.

I'll be taking it in soon as soon.

ajaynsx

Postby ajaynsx » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:43 pm

ByPath wrote:I spoke to nissan consumer affairs and they said my vin does not fall in the recall....but I have fuel guage issues as well.

I'll be taking it in soon as soon.
I had my 05 have the problem and had it fixed by nissan cost me 1400.00 to get it fixed.
This recall will not include the 05 this really blows..

We should all write to the transportation department demanding they include the 05.

It only took 200 letters from toyota owners to get the ball rolling

Facevedo17

Postby Facevedo17 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:27 am

this sucks ... I was at the nissan dealer yesterday I bought my car used back in 2008 and they did an inventory and found a set of keys for my truck ..since I was I there I went to service and ask to run my vin for any recalls he mentioned there is one for a sensor I ask him about the fuel sending unit did not know I had a newbie at the CS desk so Im going to set up the appt around next week and crossing my fingers the sensor he is talking about is the fuel.....my truck is an 05

twinblown

Postby twinblown » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:54 pm

I think what he ment is the air bag sensor; it's out there I got a notice. Let us know when you go back in I am in the same boat with a September 05 production code and have yet to ask them if mine is or not covered. I'll wait some time

smithb84

Postby smithb84 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:35 pm

Yeah I was rather pissed off. I took mine in for a 60k check up and tried to get them to help me out with the fuel gauge because I had that replaced 2 months prior to hearing of this. It's bullshit that some arbitrary date seems to be a cut off, I don't care what their records show, A whole lotta vehicles made it out with shitty fuel sending units. They just told me tough luck...

xd9-g19

Postby xd9-g19 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:06 pm

Just went to my local dealer and it looks like my 06 does not meet the recall, but I too am having fsu problems.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:46 pm

smithb84 wrote: It's bullshit that some arbitrary date seems to be a cut off, I don't care what their records show, A whole lotta vehicles made it out with shitty fuel sending units. They just told me tough luck...
the cutoff is not an arbitrary date :(

the vehicles affected by the recall campaign fall within specific VIN ranges, because those are the ones affected by the defective fuel tanks.

(here's the the link)
http://nhthqnwws111.odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/a ... 5-6094.pdf

so far, all others are presumed to have failed for reason(s) other than what the recall campaign is all about, and are not eligible for repair under the campaign guidelines.:cry:

:shock: did they actually say "tough luck"?

smithb84

Postby smithb84 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:22 am

Yeah I know dryart that they used a date for the reason that, through that manufacturing period, they apparently used a bad batch. However, if these FSU are such a big problem, and for models outside of the current VIN range, why would they not just come clean and say that they are failing due to faulty FSU's as well?

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:42 am

smithb84 wrote:Yeah I know dryart that they used a date for the reason that, through that manufacturing period, they apparently used a bad batch. However, if these FSU are such a big problem, and for models outside of the current VIN range, why would they not just come clean and say that they are failing due to faulty FSU's as well?
So far, there seems to be more than one problem with the FSUs.
One is the fuel tank interference problem (recall campaign).
The other seems to be an FSU failure that is independent of the fuel tank deformation problem.
At this point, they apparently just don't want to buy the latter. :(
I don't claim to understand the reasoning behind it...........

Facevedo17

Postby Facevedo17 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:48 am

Picking the truck up in a few had it spend the night at the dealer for the airbag sensor . My Pathy is an 05 I ask the service guy about the recall he said that in a couple of months it will be coming out servicing pathfinders and armadas and what not...so he said to hold off on the FSU till then ..I I was to get it done it would run me 399 not sure if that includes labor ...so Im going to wait a lil longer and see what happens...this was a New Jersey dealer Rt46 Nissan for any local Jerseans

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:44 pm

My emphasis on So far and At this point, are because recall campaigns sometimes go through revisions as the campaigns progress, often including a wider range of VINs and/or a change in the repair procedures.

HillbillyJake

Postby HillbillyJake » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:05 am

My truck has been acting up for about 2 weeks now but because the truck has a build date of 7/07 I do not fall in the recall. so I called Nissan U.S.A. and they told me first Nissan had to look at it. so I called my local dealer (who has been great with me on parts) and they told me it will be 90 dollars just to run the code and diagnose it. so I check with parts and they tell me it is 86 dollars for the sending unit and about 10 dollars for the o-ring. so I am going to install it my self because I can't see spending $90 for them to tell me that they can't help me to just spent 90 more for the parts.

skwerl

Postby skwerl » Fri May 14, 2010 8:01 am

Does anyone have an update on this? My 2005 Path SE fuel level sensor has started acting up. My check engine light comes on when the low fuel warning comes on and the DTE is not reading right sometimes.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”