Defroster and Tire Pres. Monitor questions

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

00void

Defroster and Tire Pres. Monitor questions

Postby 00void » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:30 am

back with more questions for everyone.

1. is it me, or are the rear view mirror defrosters 'slow'? my 4Runner would defrost the rear views in about 2min or less. on the Pathy, it's a good 8min or so. seems kinda long which is making wonder if maybe a fuse is weird or something electrical is going on. any comments?

2. when i took delivery of the Pathfinder, the delivery person said the tire pressure monitor read:

(from top to bottom)
  • Front Left
    Front Right
    Rear Left
    Rear Right

yet the manual states what i highlighted in blue. to be fair, the kid said he wasn't 100% sure, but if memory served him well, that's how it displayed the pressures. does anyone know what tire would correspond with what box on the screen?

RacerZX
Site Admin

Postby RacerZX » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:47 am

It's not that the system isn't telling you the order for some reason and if you can decode the order you're set, it's that it really doesn't know. All the computer knows is that it sends out it's wireless signal and gets 4 responses back. What ever order they happen to be in now will change soon as you rotate your tires.

00void

Postby 00void » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:25 am

ahhh... understood. i thought the same about the rotation. thanx for your help!

RxZ

Postby RxZ » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:15 am

Yeah, its more like a more advanced warning light than anything else. That said, if you are trying to keep a certain pressure in all your tires due to road conditions or whatever, then this system is definitely better than just a warning light like my other car has.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”