How worried should I be when I pull the 2nd crankshaft sensor at the bell housing to test the sensor and notice the magnet at the end has quite a bit of small metal filings/shavings stuck to it. Like the transmission might be eating away at itself.
Or is that normal for a 3.5L with 215k miles?
Last edited by Wes on Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
I wouldn't be worried about it. A magnet is going to pick up any small metal shavings. I'm sure you get some metal shavings when the starter engages and cranks the flexplate or ring gear, which is where those shavings likely came from.
NICOclub's Nissan forums and Infiniti forums and all affiliated sites are the property of HDS Holdings, Inc.
They are independent publications and are not affiliated with or endorsed by Nissan or Infiniti.