Adding Bose Stereo to non Bose vehicle ??

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

falcondrgn

Postby falcondrgn » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:46 pm

I emailed jackhelps about the same issue and he basically said the bose system will not work in the non bose setup. The only way to go would be go with what you said and get the non bose 6 disc setup.

SHAWNATGERBROCK wrote:Yea...

My issue is that some have said they have done it before ... replaced non amp. single disk with 6 disk BOSE WITHOUT adding the amp and they say it worked fine ..... Pinouts are exact ...

I guess I will just have to try adding an aftermarket amp to see if it will work ...

I guess the NON BOSE 6 disk would have been the way to go ...

SHAWNATGERBROCK

Postby SHAWNATGERBROCK » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:50 am

[quote="falcondrgn"]I emailed jackhelps about the same issue and he basically said the bose system will not work in the non bose setup. The only way to go would be go with what you said and get the non bose 6 disc setup.

hMM, thats strange ... He just e-mailed me back and said that he did for sure run the Bose 6 disk out of an '05 Pathfinder in his Frontier and all worked perfectly ....

NVSteve ... You may have a great point ... possibly the Frontier only had 2 speakers and the Bose has enough power to run just 2 speakers , but with the 8 in the Path. it just cant keep up ... .... Now I just have to find a small 4 channel Amp with 4 high level inputs ...

coom1986

Postby coom1986 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:19 am

Hold up, if you already got 8 speakers in the path, doesnt it already come with a Bose unit then??

The US spec might be different, but for us here in the GCC, only the Bose unit comes with the 9 speakers where as the standard on only gets 6 as far as im aware. 2 tweaters in the front along with 2 front speakers and then the 2 speakers at the back..??

SHAWNATGERBROCK

Postby SHAWNATGERBROCK » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:37 pm

coom1986 wrote:Hold up, if you already got 8 speakers in the path, doesnt it already come with a Bose unit then??

The US spec might be different, but for us here in the GCC, only the Bose unit comes with the 9 speakers where as the standard on only gets 6 as far as im aware. 2 tweaters in the front along with 2 front speakers and then the 2 speakers at the back..??
hMM, not sure I know the front doors have speaker and tweeter and rear doors have at least speakers ... the wiring diagram shows both front and rear as having tweeters with the NON Bose ....but I have not had mine that far apart or pay much attention to the rear doors to know if there are tweeters or not ...

I got a small 4 channel amp. so thats next ...

me&pathy

Postby me&pathy » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:49 pm

just spend the money and get a good system in it the bose is ok but there are far better systems out there. The bose has very heavy bass and not much highs.

thetiger

Postby thetiger » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:07 pm

I know you might want to keep the original look to the PF but you could get a real good system sort off cheap. You will need an amp and a sub if you wish to hear some bass out of any speaker.

Mine came with two tweeters in front and a speaker for each door.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”