Yakima Load Warrior Add-Ons

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Captain
Sponsored Member

Postby Captain » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:16 am

I use https://www.expeditionexchange.com/supersiphon/ this every day at work when having to drain diesel fuel tanks. Works realy nicely but kinda slow. It will fill a 5gal bucket in 2 min. I realy like what you did on the luggage rack with the lights and hi-lift. I think Im going to do the same this weekend for camping.

markspath

Postby markspath » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:58 am

ragpaoa wrote:Yeah, nice setup.
Tell us about the hose you have there for refueling. I have a similar setup (see the Las Vegas section under Death Valley 2008) and I would like to not have to take the gas tanks down to refuel.
Just curious, were you off-roading in MOAB with the Pathy, or Mtn Biking?
The hose is just your run-of-the-mill siphon included with just about every auto emergency kit. The hose is a little short to get all the way down in the container, and I was going to replace it with a longer hose until I saw that nifty kit Triffid posted.

And yes, I took the Pathfinder off-roading in Moab. Nothing extreme -- mostly category 2 with a few category 3 spots. Lots of sand and slickrock, some rock but not too big. This was my first trip out to Moab and we were wheeling solo, and the Pathfinder was the ride back home for us and our camper, so I didn't want to risk doing any damage. I'm running stock suspension so clearance and articulation was a concern, as well as the lack of companions familiar with the terrain. But the Pathy was more than capable of the trails I went on.

We did Sand Flats, Copper Ridge, Hurrah Pass, Chicken Corners and Hey Joe. We started Fins and Things but I bailed out when I saw a Jeep ahead of me lose it going up one of the steep inclines and almost roll (the jeep was part of a group and, with the help of a spotter, did make it on his next attempt. I probably could have too, but I'd already turned around and figured better safe than sorry.)

I was planning on going back next year, but now my 16yo son wants to go to Ecuador to do volunteer work. My 22yo son would still like to go -- he missed this trip -- but my daughter has other ideas about vacations. We'll have to see how that and money play out.

rragpaoa

Postby rragpaoa » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:58 pm

MARKSPATH,

MOAB is something I really want to try.
What do you think about organizing a trip? I am trying to get more people with the 3rd Gen pathies to hit the trails.
I'm a bit more agressive with my rig. I believe the 3rd gen Pathies are quite capable with the right equipment, but I don't want to go out alone.

I would like to do some trails in the Borrego Dessert, Sierras, Death Valley, and maybe Colorado/Arizona/Utah. Once I get my bullbar and winch fitted, I think we can hit some more tougher trails. I do need some wheeling buddies!

marmillerX

Postby marmillerX » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:24 am

I see you have a hi-lift mounted on your basket. Where on the Pathfinder is a good jack point for the hi-lift? I don't think the stock step rails would be able to hold the weight of the truck. Thanks

MonkeyMike

Postby MonkeyMike » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:46 am

marmillerX wrote:I see you have a hi-lift mounted on your basket. Where on the Pathfinder is a good jack point for the hi-lift? I don't think the stock step rails would be able to hold the weight of the truck. Thanks
step rails WILL NOT hold up the truck. dont even try it.

you will probably need to get sliders if you want to jack from the side... maybe, you might be able to reach a jack point with the hi-lift, but i dont have a hi-lift so i cant check for you.

~mike

Captain
Sponsored Member

Postby Captain » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:24 pm

Highlifts should used to jack from the side with a tire strap. The stap goes through the holes in the rim. This works nice unless your changing your tires then you need carry a jack stand. Highlifts are also used to help reposition a truck when stuck in ruts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnRMU5YYAjc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xsV2FJi ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOcQHqLx ... re=related

fat_frog

Postby fat_frog » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:36 pm

Or, you can just you the hitch that is standard equipment for all pathfinders... Of course, it doesn't always work depending upon the terrain you're in, etc. but it is a solid point of rear extraction point as well.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”