my radio gremlin

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

me&pathy

my radio gremlin

Postby me&pathy » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:19 pm

so im my third head unit in the truck, i have the bose in it. But the first one got pulled because the volume would turn and and down when the speed volume thing was off and it would do this constantly, the second one went because the cd changer went bad and stopped working. Now third one is doing what the first one did it just turns the volume all the way up. Iv checked the steering wheel to see if thats the problem but it all looks to be ok. So should i replace it with another stock unit? or just do an after market set up?......And if i do an after market set up am i going to have problem with the stock speakers?

thetiger

Postby thetiger » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:25 pm

If you go after market you will not have any problems with the stock speakers. If you are not to savvy about the wires just go to walmart and buy the adaptors (main and antenna) as well as the stereo adaptor. However you might need another adaptor for the steering control and that is not sold at walmart, you would have to go to a sound system store. But it should work as long as you install the unit correctly. I personally like aftermarket better simply because you can get more stuff out of it. But that's me, hope it helps. 8)

me&pathy

Postby me&pathy » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:00 pm

thetiger wrote:If you go after market you will not have any problems with the stock speakers. If you are not to savvy about the wires just go to walmart and buy the adaptors (main and antenna) as well as the stereo adaptor. However you might need another adaptor for the steering control and that is not sold at walmart, you would have to go to a sound system store. But it should work as long as you install the unit correctly. I personally like aftermarket better simply because you can get more stuff out of it. But that's me, hope it helps. 8)
thanks im looking at alpine set ups.

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”