Tach issue 1995

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

95TerranoWA

Tach issue 1995

Postby 95TerranoWA » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:41 pm

Anyone have a clue as to what is wrong with my tach?

It barely works, it jumps all over the place sometimes, but I'm sure its getting a signal so to speak, it goes from one place to another within my driving range (RPMs-usually 800-3500RPM.)

Other than that I love my truck!

cruzstyle

Postby cruzstyle » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:39 pm

try checking the wires where they connect to the crank

95TerranoWA

Postby 95TerranoWA » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:20 am

The crankshaft sensor?

cruzstyle

Postby cruzstyle » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:06 am

well that's where the issue was on my last car. after thinking about it a bit i think the path is electronic and picks up the electrical pulses through the ignition points as they open and close to fire the spark plugs via the coil.
So it simply "counts" the number of times the points open and shut per minute - which is twice per each revolution of the motor. or you can try this route, You can get just the tath, you just need to remove the meter assemble and take the clear cover off, then there are 4 small screws
. If you want to start by checking those screws first to make sure they are tight before you replace the tach, that would not be a bad idea.

http://www.courtesyparts.com/

This web sight is a great link to finding and replacing parts with out the mark up of dealer prices and yet getting Nissan parts.

Return to “General Automotive”