Factory Alarm Nightmare

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

95GoldenPathfinder

Factory Alarm Nightmare

Postby 95GoldenPathfinder » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:49 am

I have a 95 Pathfinder with a factory alarm system that has gone to the dark side. It works when it wants and goes as far as to active itself even when I leave the toggle switch in the off position. A week ago it turned itself on and started beeping the horn and blinking the lights when I was in traffic. I had to pull off the road and disconnect the battery to get it to stop. Nothing else turns it off. sometimes it arms itself in the middle of the night and wakes me up beeping and blinking in the driveway. I have have looked over the vehicle but have no idea where the module is. I also looked over the fuse box and found nothing. Can someone tell me where the "Brain Box" is for the alarm system?

Tech

Postby Tech » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:11 pm

er.....as far as i remember, no 95 pathfinder alarms came with toggle switches. The unit is under the front pass seat i believe, bit thats for the factory fob and stuff...back then, we added accessories as part of PDI and called them "factory", but it really depended on the dealer.

Xunal

Postby Xunal » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:52 am

I have a 95 pathfinder (which I bought yesterday) that has a light that constantly flashes on the center console. It's right above the seat warmers.

Got a toggle switch thingie, and I can't figure out how to turn it off....doesn't make any noise though.

I thought it was stock, but apparently not...

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”