NXROCKS

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

mcm4090

NXROCKS

Postby mcm4090 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:51 pm

Hey guys just wanted to pass on some great news. There is a new comapny making sliders and skid plates for Nissans!
The company name NXROCKS and they are located in Colorado. They have started with the Xterra.
So here it is ... or they are.
Sorry didn't have time to get a picture from under the car - but that will come this week. Is not hard to realized how this will be on your truck ... As most of you will said that they look similar with Shrockworks - well, they do and probably any skids that are made profesionally to follow the frame line. However there are plenty of differences.
I was looking to get as much coverage as possible - without compromising. I can honestly say that I am extremely happy with what came out - maybe a little less with the Transfer case skid plate. There is nothing that I could of done more - but I'm dissapointed on the Xtrerra center console being so weak. I guess time will tell - or maybe I'll think of something that will reinforce that.

The pictures are not PS'ed - I took them 4-5 hours ago ....
Most of the hardware is missing from the pictures - anyway - it will come with grade 8 hardware and PLEASE note where the holes are ....

So the front skid:
The cover will have 2 flat head screws. Will be attached on 2 1/2" bolts and 2 M8 plus the 4 - M12x1.25x35 Bolts

The back side:

The ENGINE SKID:

One of the strongest skids out of all .... attached to the frame with 4 1/2" bolts plus 5 M8. They cover all what I could possible cover without interefering with LCA's - you'll understand better once I'll take the pics from under.

For who understand the phisics of this - there is no joke here :bounce: look at the welding (dang I'm getting pretty good) and the way that the bend is made ...

You can see the spacers on front ... this will prevent the skid to bend while you tighten the M8 bolts

The tranny skid .... The largest out of all - however, realy realy strong .... The two bend on the middle makes it like that .... also please note how this ATTACHES to the frame .... this wiew is actually from under

This is what yout tranny will see :)
Note the spacers - there are no loose spots anywhere.Image

T-Case .... as I said - the weakest out of all. But not because if the skid (I dare you to bend it) but because the middle console where attaches. I have no ideea if there are any complaints about this - if there are any - I'm sure someone will do something about it. Or maybe I am paranoid . ....

The Gas tank ....
On the very begining I was thinking that this is a joke .... well - I was wrong - with the right brackets this kics a$$ ... 3 days to make the stupid brackets but I am finaly happy. I covered absolutely EVERY single inch of visible gas tank plastic ...again the bottom picture will show this.

Like I said - the brackets makes all the money in this case ...

And here is an "aerial" view (you had to see me on the top of basketball :)

I hope you like it ... it was not easy by any means - time wise and financial ....
The website www.nxrocks.com will be up shortly - there you can purchase if you wish - at least for two weeks I will sell the complete sets only ... ( I can explain why later) ....
On teh website you will be able to calculate the shipping - this will include my UPS discount. I will ship them bare steel and you have to make them pretty :) ....
Enjoy !
The only skid plate that I don't think will work on the Pathfinder that is made for an X would be the transfer case skid.
Here is his web-site.
http://www.nxrocks.com/nxshop/

Suliman

Postby Suliman » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:02 pm

Damn, those look pretty nice compare to the ones the OR version gets. I installed them on my SE and thought that if they take a hit or two, they're done, lol.

xd9-g19

Postby xd9-g19 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:44 pm

I already asked him about rocksliders for the pathfinders on thenewX website and he said no go on the pathy's

mcm4090

Postby mcm4090 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:03 pm

xd9-g19 wrote:I already asked him about rocksliders for the pathfinders on thenewX website and he said no go on the pathy's
Really? Well maybe he doesn't think there is a market but I sure if he sell some skids to Pathy owners that would change is mind.

Matt06

Postby Matt06 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:27 pm

I emailed them last week... here we go:
"Hello,
Just wondering if your skid plates would fit on my 2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4X4. Have you done any so far?
Thank you"

Here is the reply I got

"They will not fit
All what I'm doing now is for the X and fronty"

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”