Just ordered the AFE intake..

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

johnathanromero

Just ordered the AFE intake..

Postby johnathanromero » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:02 pm

Anyone have this intake on their V6 pathy yet? Im not overly worried about having challenges putting it in, just wondering if anyone has it on their pathy. If so, how loud is the intake, were the power gains noticeable? I do plan on having my pathy dyno'd after the install as i already have baseline figures on it from a few months ago.

Triffid
Sponsored Member

Postby Triffid » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:02 am

I have the aFe intake... Easy install... You can see pictures below in my signature... I think the intake works much better with an exhaust system upgrade... Power gain is noticeable and it is MUCH louder.............. Good luck!

johnathanromero

Postby johnathanromero » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:55 am

I plan on having an exhaust made through a friend of mines performance shop in a month or two. So hopefull i will get the pathy dyno'd with the intake only and see just how much hp it really makes,lol

johnathanromero

Postby johnathanromero » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:45 pm

Well after having the intake on for a few days im not to sure how much performance it has added. But I will be having my pathy dyno'd on tues so i will post up the graphs of before and after. Damn thing sure is loud though,lol

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:11 am

Can't wait to see if it shows an increase from the claimed 265 from the factory. I think Carl had some graphs on here after he got the supercharger put in his. I don't remember if it had the before and after though.

johnathanromero

Postby johnathanromero » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:13 pm

Well......i got jack shit in hp/tq gains,lol...peak whp went from 220.50 to 224.14 and wtq went from 229.21 to 235.21. This is with the AFE stage 2 intake AND the 2 degrees of timing advance mod from nissan. My pathy went rather rich after the intake and timing mods which is not helping it AT ALL. Hopefull with an exhaust it will help things out. Living at 5000+ ft above sea level isnt helping things at all either. So all in all, i spent $290 for the intake and timing advance, will be getting worse gas mileage, but fixed some flat spots in the powerband...you win some, you lose some! Its still a blast to drive and more fun than any SUV i have owned or driven before!

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:31 pm

At least the AFE gave you 4hp. Most aftermarket crap doesn't give you that much. Now if you add a programmer to the mix, then you can set the mapping to account for the extra inflow. I have seen on trucktv or something, that they reprogrammed a diesel after an intake and exhaust mod to really get the gains you should. I forget which company it was, but there are a few out there. It's just tough finding one that does Nissan. Good luck with the never ending mods.

johnathanromero

Postby johnathanromero » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:23 pm

Im gonna throw an exhaust on it in a few months most likely and see if that helps lean out the mix a little with some extra hp...if that doesnt work a power programmer, most likely the cortex by superchips should help. I really dont want to throw a piggy back system on it like the AEM FIC or an Apexi SAFC as I realllly dont wanna hack into the wiring harness. But if the exhaust and power programmer dont fix the rich issue i just may go that route.

kelleyo

Postby kelleyo » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:27 pm

Triffid wrote:I have the aFe intake... Easy install... You can see pictures below in my signature... I think the intake works much better with an exhaust system upgrade... Power gain is noticeable and it is MUCH louder.............. Good luck!
Nice pics! I am curious about your husky liners in the cargo area. What happens to the part that covers the 3rd row seats if they are up?

Thanks

Triffid
Sponsored Member

Postby Triffid » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:16 pm

kelleyo wrote:
Triffid wrote:I have the aFe intake... Easy install... You can see pictures below in my signature... I think the intake works much better with an exhaust system upgrade... Power gain is noticeable and it is MUCH louder.............. Good luck!
Nice pics! I am curious about your husky liners in the cargo area. What happens to the part that covers the 3rd row seats if they are up?

Thanks
Don't know; never used the 3rd row seat... Guess you would just remove the liner.............

kelleyo

Postby kelleyo » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:40 pm

I meant, if you raise the 3rd row seat does the liner just fold up or do you have to remove it entirely?

Thanks...

SPICOLI

Postby SPICOLI » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:57 pm

I have the husky liner and as long as I don't need to carry anything in the back with the 3rd row of seats raised, I just fold my liner. The nice thing about those liners is that they pop back into their proper shape in no time. The liner is a lifesave for my two dogs in the back.

kelleyo

Postby kelleyo » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:11 am

Thanks. Stuff is always sliding around in the back because the plastic is so hard and slick. I am hoping these liners will stop that. Sorry to Hijack the thread 8)

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”