Pathfinder USA vs. European or NISMO VS. NMISA

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

radudel

Pathfinder USA vs. European or NISMO VS. NMISA

Postby radudel » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:01 am

As you probably noticed the R51 model is also produced for European customers at NMISA plant near Barcelona/Spain and imported to Europe, Australia, New Zealand and probably other countries too. It has almost the same body, at least at the first glance from the outside and an 2,5L diesel engine that has about 174HP/403Nm torque.

I am wondering the net since 2005 when I bought my Pathy to find out if there is a place where someone could tell me where are the differences between the two cars, the USA model and the European model. Of course the engines are the first to be. But I would like to know if there are major differences between body work, suspension, brakes, rotors, interior, a.s.o. Also I understood that the dashboard is different.

European looks like this:

SilverGhost

Postby SilverGhost » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:37 am

I took your photo and circled differences between your PF and my '06 LE US version. Form left to right and top to bottom -

1. Beside the power door lock button on the drivers arm rest, I have a power window lockout button to prevent children from opening windows.

2. You have a covered compartment in the center of the top of the dash. I have only an open tray.

3. The buttons below your center AC vents appear to be vent direction control wheels. My vent direction is adjusted with the buttons in the center of the vents themselves.

4. There are five indentations arranged vertically to the right of your AC controls. I have two dials there that control the rear air fan speed and temperature.

5. Below the emergency flasher button I have a passenger airbag on/off indicator light. Your space is blank.

6. To the right of the cubby hole in the center of your dash, you have two objects that I can't quite figure out. I have two covered power outlets there instead.

7. To the left of the shifter handle, I have a small covered compartment. Your space is blank.

8. You have a hand-operated parking brake located between the seats. I have a foot-operated brake pedal near the kick panel under the dash.

There may be other differences that don't show in your photo.

yarilo

Re: Pathfinder USA vs. European or NISMO VS. NMISA

Postby yarilo » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:33 am

radudel wrote:I am wondering the net since 2005 when I bought my Pathy to find out if there is a place where someone could tell me where are the differences between the two cars, the USA model and the European model. Of course the engines are the first to be. But I would like to know if there are major differences between body work, suspension, brakes, rotors, interior, a.s.o. Also I understood that the dashboard is different.
There is many differences, what exactly do you want to know?
From my memory:
1 - EU version 180+230 diffs installed, in US it depends on trim and engine, starting from 180+200 up to 200+230 (SE Off-Road and V8, I suppose).
2 - Longer rear bumper, w/o passive reflectors.
3 - Totally different dashboard.
4 - Navi and Audio - absolutely different.
5 - Rancho, Bilsteins and regular one ammos used. In EU only regular ones, but I suppose they though as well.
6 - We have another back-view mirror w/o compass and coming home buttons to operate gates, but it's electrochrome type.

Don't know about your car because trims across the EU are different too, but in my car everything looks the same except that I own SE version and AT.

Maxim

radudel

Postby radudel » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:34 pm

I also have the SE A/T version.
I am interested for eaxmple to change the brake discs. Are there any differences between both models?
Any other you noticed?

yarilo

Postby yarilo » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:26 pm

radudel wrote:I also have the SE A/T version.
I am interested for eaxmple to change the brake discs. Are there any differences between both models?
Any other you noticed?
As I can see - you have a manual transmission, not Automatic and you have no Navi and other things. My SE AT equipped similar to LE version, except some furniture, but the features are the same.

As about brakes - in US there is a different rotors used but in EU starting 2007 May big discs installed (as in Murano) and because of this you cannot install 16'' discs, but if you bought SE or XE w/manual you have a small discs as in US - that's better from my point of view, because 16'' tires are cheaper :-)

Also, in EU hill descent/ascent and turn-light repeaters installed in every car as well as lightning near pedals activated by open doors.

Max

radudel

RANCHO

Postby radudel » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:16 am

Has anyone RANCHO suspension on it's R51 Pathy? Which combination of struts and coils and how hard/easy was it? I also don't mind if you could share also the price for that. Separately form the kit do I need to extend the gear box knob/shifter and the steering axle? Thanks!

Morpheus5000

Postby Morpheus5000 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:14 am

if you want.. i can post some jpg of my pathy (european, i live in italy)

SilverGhost wrote: 1. Beside the power door lock button on the drivers arm rest, I have a power window lockout button to prevent children from opening windows.
this is not presente in any EU version.
SilverGhost wrote: 2. You have a covered compartment in the center of the top of the dash. I have only an open tray.
this depends from version of the car.
i've not this compartment because i have GPS navigator there
SilverGhost wrote: 3. The buttons below your center AC vents appear to be vent direction control wheels. My vent direction is adjusted with the buttons in the center of the vents themselves.
yes, the vent direction are totally different between USA and EU version
SilverGhost wrote: 4. There are five indentations arranged vertically to the right of your AC controls. I have two dials there that control the rear air fan speed and temperature.
in this version there is not rear control AC
but in other version it is installed
SilverGhost wrote: 5. Below the emergency flasher button I have a passenger airbag on/off indicator light. Your space is blank.
this is put into the compartment in front of the front passenger (on the right) and this is switchable only with the key (rotate to ON - rotate to OFF)
(all cars in europe are builded in this mode) (maybe a choose politic)

SilverGhost wrote: 6. To the right of the cubby hole in the center of your dash, you have two objects that I can't quite figure out. I have two covered power outlets there instead.
and these are the covered power outlets that you have.
in this image there aren't plug the cap and cigarette lighter

SilverGhost wrote: 7. To the left of the shifter handle, I have a small covered compartment. Your space is blank.
in ALL version of european pathy this compartment not exists :(
SilverGhost wrote: 8. You have a hand-operated parking brake located between the seats. I have a foot-operated brake pedal near the kick panel under the dash.
the MT version has hand-operated parking brake (as such my car)

this is my car :)

for all question or pics.. ask me, i can post any photo that you request ;)

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”