Dent Masters: Anyone used?

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

cbacarisse

Dent Masters: Anyone used?

Postby cbacarisse » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:06 am

As the title says, has anyone ever used Dent Masters? I have a small but very noticeable ding in on the wheel well of my pathy.

Scaramoche

dent master

Postby Scaramoche » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:01 am

I have mixed feeling on this device.

it works pretty well if your dent is as follows
Newer car/pathy-many of the new vehicals use a grade of sheet metel that is thinner. this has 2 plus's to it. First pulling the dent is easier, second, there is less likelyhood of having a crease after.

Next is what type of ding/where its at. If it is a symetrical, ie round dent, it works well, but if the ding is oblonge you can end up with multiple pulls, this leaves a warped look, which in many cases is worst. Also if dent is at a crease, it will not work.

My 2 cents, Try and pull it, either way it will work, or it wont. if it's a replacable panel, such as fenders, hood, doors etc, search the scrapyards and look for a replacement(may have to have painted.)

in the end there is really no $20.00 fix that is a miricle. I have used this on my pathy and a couple other cars, and it worked maybe 1 out of 4 times, and even when it worked i have mixed results.

cbacarisse

Postby cbacarisse » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:39 pm

The company I referred to is not one of those dent popper devices. It's a company that specializes in Paintless Dent Repair.
I called a very reputable body shop, showed them the dent and they gave me the number to the company Dent Masters(a franchise, I'm sure). Matter-of-fact they fixed it in one of the bays of the body shop.
They fixed my dent for $75 by massaging it from behind the dent. It looks absolutely flawless.

slavabon

Postby slavabon » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:09 pm

I've used DentWizard services on a few different occasions with very good success. As long as there is some access from the back, almost any dent can be repaired. Too bad that after you fix one, you immediately get a few new ones! :)

Return to “General Automotive”